Ultrex install on P2

In the process of installing an Ultrex on my P2 and I'm wondering about powering it. My Fortrex was plugged in with a marinco plug. Should I hard wire the Ultrex or cut the wires and put the marinco plug on it or something else all together?

2. Member
    It will fit with the Marinco plug - but it is tight.
    I went with the Battery Tender plug (bass cat store) and gained enough room the be able to remove the plug when needed. The Marinco plug will be tight to remove.

My P2 is a '15 - older P2's will be tighter (mid - late 2000's) due to difference in pedal recess area.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

When I installed the Ultrex in my old PII I used the marineco plug. New boat has battery tender.

The Barrtery tender is so much better. I order one from Bass Cat.

Do not hardware. You want to disconnect when charging batteries.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Member
    I also ordered the Battery Tender from BCB website. Much easier to remove and attach.

5. Member
    I used the Marinco plug for the Ultrex on my 2015 P2. I installed a battery cut off switch in the battery compartment so I never had to unplug while charging. Unplugging and then plugging in again is not something I would want to do each trip. You can hardwire if you put in a cut off switch.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Make sure you change out all your circuit breakers to 60 amp ones - the Ultrex likes power! I also changed out my plug to one that is rated for 60 amps as well. It's kind of a pain to unplug it when I charge my batteries, so I'll be putting a cut off switch in the back soon...
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    I just took the Marinco plug off my Fortrex and put it on the Ultrex. It'll fit.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I just took the Marinco plug off my Fortrex and put it on the Ultrex. It'll fit.
    That's what I ended up doing. Not as tight as it originally looked like it was going to be. Plus it saves myr another $100. Haha

9. Member
    I know it's too late, but when I do it at the shop on a Basscat, I use the 60A breaker with the cutoff and hardwire by drilling a small hole in the receptacle mounting plate, taking the TM leads through the plate and connecting on the receptacle (using the receptacle as a junction block).
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]