Banned

Prop choice for a Puma

Why is it i see so many Fury props. What about Trophy's or Tempest. All the Fury's i have driven had little or no lift unless 3-31/2 in below pad. We do not carry a ton of tackle . Isn't something else that will run besides a Fury.
    Last edited by fredcarl; 05-12-2019 at 07:22 PM.

2. Member
    Lift does not always equal speed or performance. A worked 26p fury is almost impossible to beat day in and day out. Sure you could go down to a 25p and work it and for some it may be great but all in all it's going to be hard to out perform a good 26p Fury. Let's not forget every single boat/motor is different.

Been playing around with my 17 puma lately. duel poles, 4 batteries. A good bit of rods and tackle in it. A stock 25 fury 3 blade ran great on it, untill you fill it with a good bit of fuel and ad a co angler. I dont tolerate a long slow hole shot. Had the prop worked and its better. Im 3" p2p. Could probably stand to come up it will run 76. I have a 4 blade otw for the summer. Mostly around here youll be lucky to run 55 with all the boat traffic and junk floating in the water.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Yes, the Trophy can run well. It does suffer loading and can give trouble on power on rougher water. The Tempest has a lot of slip. It’s pretty hard to beat a Fury on most.

I'm Running a worked Fury 25 (Ronnie Gilbert)

Does OK on the hole shot, not great with Full tanks & Wells.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo