We did a little recon in Maine, with Jerry and Pat.

Just got back from our Maine trip yesterday. Spent 9 days in Maine and fished for 7 straight days of that time. We did go in the Maine Special Olympics Tx and did not do that well. Only caught 4 bass for a total of 8-9 lbs. Did not weigh in along with a lot of other anglers. Out of 82 boats, I think only 29 weighed in. After fishing Cobbee for 2 days and 17 Bass, all on jerk baits, went to another small pond and caught 43 the biggest being 3.12 lm., all caught on shallow running crank baits. We moved on to Castle Island at the recommendation of Ed and Butch who have spent a lot of time there after the rally. Day 1, 4 hours, 16 sm, Day 2, 7 hours, pouring rain all day, 34 sm, and Day 3, 8 hours, 64 sm, and a couple rainbows, in 20 + mph winds—all on jerk baits. One of the rainbows that I caught felt like a huge fish, and I told Jane to get the net. It was hooked by the tail. It made me feel good considering Jane got 42 out of the 64. (I think most of you guys have heard that story before.) We had a great time at Castle Island. We happened to be lucky enough to have fantastic fishing, fabulous food, and were able to spend time with the nicest people and excellent hosts. John, Rhonda, and their girls who own Castle Island do everything in their power to make you enjoy your stay there. Go to Castle Island again, you bet. We give it a 10. Thursday morning we headed north to Skowhegan, one of our favorite ponds, water 10 degrees colder than last year, and we only caught 19 lm/sm. In our 7 days of fishing we caught 193 bass. Not bad for two old folks. When we got home, we were exhausted.
    Jerry and Pat mentioned that the fishing could be tough on Cobbee during the rally, but I think it should be good. Can't wait to see all you guys and gals. Seen you soon!!!

Thanks for that report and glad you two love birds had a great time!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

whats the breakdown? jane caught most ???

Glad you two had a great trip and showed them young ones how to catch fish in cold water.Thanks for sharing.
    Al Spinozzi
    Nazareth, PA

2004 Stratos 285 ProXL Evinrude 150

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo924 View Post
    whats the breakdown? jane caught most ???
    Joe, I just drive the boat and get her to her spots..

The story should read.. not many fish were sore lipped pre fishing or during the tourney so hopefully those suckers are ready to go for the rally lol

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    Joe, I just drive the boat and get her to her spots..
    All I can say you are a hell of a guide Everett
    Al Spinozzi
    Nazareth, PA

2004 Stratos 285 ProXL Evinrude 150

9. Member
    You guys are being too tough on yourselves heck I thought they shocked the lake and took all the fish out before we got there but hey raised a ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffhills View Post
    You guys are being too tough on yourselves heck I thought they shocked the lake and took all the fish out before we got there but hey raised a ton of money.
    I should have thought of that excuse !!