I've got a top end speed right now of 72
    Everyone I talk to says this boat is a low 80 mph all day long
    My set up is:
    225 Yamaha hpdi
    Running a t1-25 pitch prop
    I've got 3-31 group optimas and 1 lithium battery for all graphs
    I've got about 200-250 pounds of gear behind seat
    I'm 170, partner is 180
    I'm hitting the correct range of rpms of 5800 right now.
    The dude at bullet says I should try moving weight to the front and try a different prop.

Can you guys help me out?
    I would love to just reach 80 with great hole shot.

2. Member
    I could help you if you ran a Mercury but I don't know anything about the Yamaha. I ran a 26 Hydromotive prop at 1.25" above the pad. 12" Jack plate. Boat ran 83 mph with two on board and gas. I also carried a small tackle shop in the boat..lol I have a tackle sickness.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

3. Member
    Bullet TJ does not say what motor. I too have little experience with the Yammies. My initial thought would be with a 225 Yamaha, dual console and loaded to fish low to mid 70's would be pretty respectable. You don't say how high your motor is but I doubt you will be able to get higher than 2-2/12 inches below pad. That lower unit is going to hurt your speed. A 225 Merc with sportmaster MIGHT get to 80 with that kind of load if the set up was optimum. You may have to be happy with 72, that is pretty good. I will add you may get more results messing with motor height than different prop.

4. Member
    Unfortunately I’ve had 2 Mercury motors on the boat
    #1- 200 efi
    #2 225 promax
    both blew up
    so now I’m trying a yami
    i do think the merc looks better but I had to try the yami.
    im sure someone out there has the similar setup. I’ve had the boat up to 77 mph. With the yami.

5. Member
    In which case you don't need help. 77 is an excellent speed and indicates you have the set up pretty good.

6. Hagen
    What gehol said^^. Friend had a 20xrd with 225hpdi. 78-79 was about it. 27 trophy

Did I read that right you have 200-250lbs of gear in rear compartments? It sounds like with your batteries and all you are carrying a pretty heavy load??
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

7. Member
    Hey Hagen, how you doing?

8. Member
    Unfortunately I’ve had 2 Mercury motors on the boat
    #1- 200 efi
    #2 225 promax
    both blew up
    so now I’m trying a yami
    i do think the merc looks better but I had to try the yami.
    im sure someone out there has the similar setup. I’ve had the boat up to 77 mph. With the yami.

9. Hagen
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Hey Hagen, how you doing?
    Been doing good, working too much as usual

10. Member
    Did you get the lettering on your motor like you wanted it?

11. Member
    I had a 250 hpdi for years on my 20XD, Mine ran 85-87 loaded to fish when the motor was stock. The T1 Runs good but, The best prop on my boat was a Hydromotive QIV X OB.

10" of setback is the magic number for a HPDI, the motor is heavier then a opti and does not need as much setback.

Prop shaft height should be between 1/2" bellow pad to level to pad. You can mod the stock pickup to run to 1/2" above.

There's stuff to make that motor faster for free, If you want i can go in more detail if you dont mind modding your motor.

Also how are your fuel filters? The big one on these motors is changing the mystery filters inside the high pressure pump. Mine we're dirty like crazy when i bought the motor, i gained 4mph by changing them when i first got the motor.

12. Member
    I was running a 225X with a Sporty gear case.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

13. Hagen
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Did you get the lettering on your motor like you wanted it?
    No I am to picky, after dealing with multiple places and not finding what I wanted I finally gave up and put factory decals on it.

14. Member
    I understand.

15. Member
    Those are decent numbers with that set-up, I don’t like the way a t-1 drives way above pad anything over mid 80’s, but up to say 85ish it’s fine.

I fish with a 25 t-1 a lot , I’ve had the prop along time and it’s a good decent beater prop for the junk I fish.

Keep all the weight in the rear, have some weight up front sure but not too much.

On my xdc I keep the rods on the driver side rod box, and some plano’s In a plastic basket on the passenger side rod locker, never more than about 5, all the rest of the planos stay in the passenger rear compartment unless I have a partner then I put mine behind me and let them fill up theirs. Balances pretty well that way normally.

Weight affects holeshot way more than all out top speed , but it will. I have group 24’s for weight reasons but my boat flies and I like it that way.

Keep your weight in the back, and try not to let “tackle creep” get ya if you care about speed. It’s easy to have wayvmore stuff than you need over a few tournies just tossing stuff in and loosing a couple mph.

My xdc ran 84 with me and the woman and a livewell full of white bass for super years back when I had a 200 on it for a little while.

No limiter though and I was wringing it’s neck with a short prop (25p) so there is no reason low 80’s with an hpdi can’t be bad with the right set-up and driver.

I think an xdc flies flatter anyway with the two consoles equaling downforce when you are rollin, a little heavier so holeshot is affected but top end I think they are faster, but that’s just my opinion.