Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    To be honest, they may not have been 2 footers where i was running open but it was still stupid rough. Trim down a little and hammer it the 21XD handles some dirty water. It's really not that hard to drive

2. Member
    "To be Honest" if it was really more like 6 inch chop then never mind, we are good down here. LOL

3. Member
    No it was closer to 2 feet than 6 inches. 45km west winds on a lake that runs east to west, pretty decent white caps Lol But i think we’re missing the point here one thing I’ve noticed with my rig is that it doesn’t like too much trim, i can easily over trim to the point where the chine walk is crazy. Could be the motor being low I dunno, but the boat liking a neutral trim definitely seems to help rough water riding. I’ve run quite a few boats the fastest being a TR-21 (75mph) and it wouldn’t come close to handling the rough stuff like the 21xd has so far. I’d love to see this bullet beat the triton speed considering it was the exact same engine.
    Last edited by jmahaney; 05-14-2019 at 05:32 PM.

4. Member
    I have moved the prop shaft up to 1/2 inch below the pad and now the WOT water pressure is between 10 and 12 so I won't go any higher, but I am now hitting 76 fully loaded! (gas gauge even reading full) Very happy with those numbers, I have ordered a 28 TXP OT4 after talking to a few people, it will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the bravo 1. The WOT rpms haven't seemed to change even though the motor has been raised over an inch now unless the tach has inconsistent readings which is possible. When aired out it's holding around 5900-6000 rpm at the moment. This little 225 seems to be doing the trick just fine

5. Member
    Thats a good result.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12