Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

center compartment between seats

do's any one have trouble with there center compartment between the seats getting water in it when fishing in the rain. mine leaks bad and nothing stay dry.

2. Member
    I don't fish in the rain anymore, but it gets wet inside when I hose down the boat, same with other owners from other threads on this subject. Some owners say their's never gets wet in heavy rain.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ewelch View Post
    do's any one have trouble with there center compartment between the seats getting water in it when fishing in the rain. mine leaks bad and nothing stay dry.
    I have owned 2 birds now, my only complaint is they in general are not good dry storage boats. My center compartment on both boats has been just like yours it gets wet every time it rains or if water comes in boat in ruff water.

The other spot that is always wet in any bird I have owned or ridden in is the passenger rod locker, it is just a bad design the water runs off the front deck and directly into the passenger rod locker.

The back two storage boxes should be called wet storage because if water rolls over the rear deck they get wet, they will keep out very light rain but heavy rain or ruff water always get in.

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    I have owned 2 birds now, my only complaint is they in general are not good dry storage boats. My center compartment on both boats has been just like yours it gets wet every time it rains or if water comes in boat in ruff water.

The other spot that is always wet in any bird I have owned or ridden in is the passenger rod locker, it is just a bad design the water runs off the front deck and directly into the passenger rod locker.

The back two storage boxes should be called wet storage because if water rolls over the rear deck they get wet, they will keep out very light rain but heavy rain or ruff water always get in.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    For whatever reason the passenger rod locker wasn't designed to be weatherproof.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

6. Member
    My center box only gets wet if I power wash it in there. My passenger rod box does get wet in a rain. My rear boxes stay really dry. The only spot I might get a little water is in the rod box in front of the drivers console. Usually that's only if I power wash the carpet but sometimes I get a little in a really hard rain. It builds up against the console and goes over the lip

7. Member
    Going on my 3rd year with 217 hrs on it and my 618 has never had any water in any of the compartments. I’ve fished in several downpours!
    Pool 10

It rained pretty hard on me the other day and I had water in my center storage and my big center storage up front. I’m still drying it out

9. Member
    Are they ever going to redesign the console between the seats? I'm in search of a new rig now, but I just cant bring myself to purchase a $60k+ rig and the console look like it does. That's JMO though.

10. Banned
    Mine sometime is dry and sometimes it get wet. What i do is stuff in that compartment that i dont want to get wet i put them in waterproof bags problem solved. Stuff in that center compartment i dont mind getting it wet is not bagged.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crizzel View Post
    Are they ever going to redesign the console between the seats? I'm in search of a new rig now, but I just cant bring myself to purchase a $60k+ rig and the console look like it does. That's JMO though.
    Not discounting your apprehension at all as I get it, but I'd buy another Phoenix over any other boat in a minute- even if it had a bucket of water right there I had to step in every time I had to go to the back deck. That's the only storage compartment that gets wet in my boat in a heavy downpour and I've adjusted. Have my insurance and registration in a small waterproof clear box and everything else in there can just get wet. When I put her up, lid stays open and I have a big box fan that gets left on until I'm there again. Carpet dry, center box dry, all good.
    2014 920/SHO

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I love the center console, its been wet one time in 3 1/2 years

lightinstorage.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    I love the center storage. I made a divider out of PVC board to keep stuff better organized

14. Member
    I get a little condensation in mine but so far no water. I used 3M velcro to secure small Tupperware containers for better storage.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

15. Member
    Where can I buy a center storage. Don't see one on Phoneix web site.

16. Member
    I have a 2019 19phx ,i discovered water in my center box after running though a hard rain called the factory to see if anything could be done,i bought a new center top lid with the slam latch and it has a rubber gasket around it to prevent water ever getting in. problem solved.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsmiley View Post
    I have a 2019 19phx ,i discovered water in my center box after running though a hard rain called the factory to see if anything could be done,i bought a new center top lid with the slam latch and it has a rubber gasket around it to prevent water ever getting in. problem solved.
    Is this the new design?
    Last edited by HTC33; 11-08-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

18. Member
    i fish in the rain only on accident but have never seen water in my box, not even when I soak it with water hose.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

19. Member

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bhmsupra View Post
    any Phoenix dealer can sell you one but you can call Customer service at Phoenix and speak to Tim, he will get you what you need.
    its usually easier to send Tim a email he will reply and call you back https://phoenixbassboats.com/contact-us/
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast