Lake Jordon and Logan Martin

Will be visiting our daughter in Wetumpka the first week of June. Am taking my boat for the first time. Any help on what the fish will be doing at that time on both lakes? Appreciate any help. Thanks guys/gals.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrodder View Post
    Any help on what the fish will be doing at that time on both lakes?
    Swimming? Plotting the downfall of man? Sorry couldn’t resist.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Logan Martin, I would spend time on points that are facing the main channel then. Fish a worm or lizard with C-rig or Texas style. You can usually do good with the shakey head and in my case, the Ned Rig is my go to lure.
    The bass will be well into post spawn, hence the points to open and deeper water.
    Remember Logan is full of Spots so you will be limited in catching largemouths.

4. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    I think maybe you mean Lake Jordan and Lake Martin. You would have a drive to Logan Martin (Pell City.)
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

5. Member
    Jordan is easy this time of year.

Find shallow creek mouths covered in "weave" throw frogs. Once sun comes up tie on a shakeyhead and beat up some points.

Once you get bored drive to the dam and run a 5xd everywhere you can grind bottom. Right hand corner right be spillway is my personal favorite, wear a life jacket or you'll get a ticket.

Once the day starts to darken... Go back to frogging! Jordan is one of my favorite "sneaky" lakes to frog fish, can usually get a 15lb limit before 8am on a frog, just find the major creeks/inlets and fish some sludge.