Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    congratulations scotty and Chelsea, in florida and have had 4 of bobs boats. used to sell these boats for bob. great guy. have 2100 now. availability of parts and accessories has been an issue. keep that in mind. wish u well and look forward to meeting you one day

2. Member
    Congratulations!
    Quality and fit and finish should be first priority. I feel this sets Gambler ahead of many other boats.
    Gambler as a custom built boat needs to stay as a custom built boat. The buyer needs to be able to pick the custom colors they want.

A dealer network doesn’t fair well with custom built bass boats. A Gambler was never meat to compete with a big network of dealers that sell cookie cutter boats.

3 Gambler 1 Sterling 22 Bass owner.

3. Member
    Congratulations on your acquisition!
    One of the guys that works with me has a 2100/250 XB. That is one terrific boat as I have ridden in it several times.
    Where will you manufacture site be located?
    I agree with JAZII, a dealer network doesn't work well with custom built boats. Sell direct and do your own rigging.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling11 View Post
    Welcome and congratulations Scotty and Chelsea. I hope to one day to meet the both of you. Best of luck! and I know everyone hear will have there own opinions on colors. I'll reserve my opinions on what I think will make a even bad a## bass boat even better when I see you.
    Oh by the way bring back the Gambler/Sterling fishing derby!
    Further conversation on that. I am new to this wonderful Gambler family. But I'm a quick learn.

5. Member
    Workin on the apparel and parts now sir.

6. Member
    We are factory direct to start. And will have select dealers for Gamblers. Sterlings will stay factory direct. Bob has schooled me on custom is quality. Small quantities equal great quality. Been training with Bob and his team to build the EXACT way that Bob has been for years.

7. Member
    Scotty I wish you the best of luck! Thanks for keeping the Gambler name alive and well! It sure won't take much to improve what "has been" for the last 8-10 years but it is going to be a long road ahead.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

8. Member
    congrats scottyg and Chelsea. in florida. owned 4 gamblers from bob. used to sell them for him. have 2100 now. good guy, great boats. keep in mind, parts and accessories has always been a problem. hope to meet ya'll one ay
    Last edited by williambaker; 05-14-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: duplicate

9. Member
    parts and accessories a must. seemed like hard thing to get when needed
    Last edited by williambaker; 05-14-2019 at 09:43 AM. Reason: not needed

10. Banned
    Congratulations Scotty and Chelsea, I Live in orlando fla. have owned 8 gamblers an now 3 sterlings. i have already driven the NEW 20FT MODEL THAT WAS MADE WITHOUT A MOLD. LOL i think it will be a great boat. I also , i think i have the fasted STERLING MADE SO FAR. AT 91 GPS . CANT wait to meet you in the future. here is a video of that run..

Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    Congratulations Scotty and Chelsea, I Live in orlando fla. have owned 8 gamblers an now 3 sterlings. i have already driven the NEW 20FT MODEL THAT WAS MADE WITHOUT A MOLD. LOL i think it will be a great boat. I also , i think i have the fasted STERLING MADE SO FAR. AT 91 GPS . CANT wait to meet you in the future. here is a video of that run..
    so was the "QUOTE for a NEW STERLING BUILD" a ploy to get someone to CHIME in on who purchased Gambler?
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Great news. I think the lime green is a passing fad. Accurate and interactive websites are a must nowadays. Responsiveness to customers (sorely lacking in the past) will pay huge dividends. If you can use the BassCat business model of flooding the customer base with promotional staff members (I used to be one), they will do most of the advertising for you. Best of luck and thanks for keeping the "G" alive.

13. Member
    I'm just stoked to be able to get a hat and shirt that doesn't look like 1987. Also a baby blue and black 2100 would be a suitable replacement for my red and black one I have now.....some day.

14. Member
    That quote post was not us.

15. Member
    jrbritt,
    What's your setup to get 91 mph?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyG1 View Post
    jrbritt,
    What's your setup to get 91 mph?
    a FLASHED 250 SHO yamaha, with upgrade lower unit and a secret prop...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

17. Member
    Because Gambler is known for its SEXY lines and flow I believe a white hull all around with polyflake accents of red,silver , black and gunmetal grey.Elegant yet makes a statement.

18. Member
    Thank you ScottyG and Chelsea for taking over Gambler/Sterling Bass Boats. All the best of success with this business venture!
    Carte's Custom

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    a FLASHED 250 SHO yamaha, with upgrade lower unit and a secret prop...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartes Custom View Post
    Thank you ScottyG and Chelsea for taking over Gambler/Sterling Bass Boats. All the best of success with this business venture!
    Thank you. We are very grateful Bob has given this opportunity to my wife and I.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast