Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Favorite boat is..."insert whatever boat you currently own"....
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Bass Cat
    Champion 202
    Bullet

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gambler View Post
    Gambler 2100
    Sterling
    Phoenix

There is a new owner of Gambler & Sterling molds will start building them next month..
    That's great news. Those are fantastic hulls. One of the guys that works for my company has a Gambler 2100 / Mercury 250 XB. That thing is a rocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Bullet 21XRS - Just bought a new one last August... Fit, finish, the wow factor and it just plain sexy with a good fishing platform
    Bullet 20XD - Fun to drive with speed to spare, fit and finish, just plain sexy and a good fishing platform
    Stratos 200XL - Fun to drive with speed to spare, fit and finish, just plain sexy and a good fishing platform

You only live once so get what you want... Dan
    Dan pretty much read my mind. His third choice is really good considering I had a Stratos. Was going to say Bullet,Bullet and Bullet. A Stratos is a fine boat along with a Basscat and Phoenix. I’d even consider Ballistic.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    Bass Cat Eyra: Perfect for the lakes I fish and Love the lay out, handling and response to TM inputs.
    Bass Cat Cougar: Slightly larger, but still a balance of tournament layout and performance. BCB offers customer service that cant be neat.
    Phoenix 920: Also great balance of performance, layout, and handling.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Favorite boat is..."insert whatever boat you currently own"....
    This is true, for me. Reason being, for almost 40 years I’ve ridden in or driven more boats/brands than you can shake a stick at. Granted, there are some real nice boats out there. But to me, a Bullet is the total package of boats. I love speed, looks, quality and fish ability in a boat. Bullets cover all of that. Not knocking any other brand, but I’m a Bullet guy for life.

7. Member
    WVBullet I’ve found most who comment on the big Allison’s, Bullets etc...have never drove one in rough water. I was really pleased with the ride and drive of the XRS I drove. An Allison XB is my bucket list boat. I spent a week in a 520L this spring. It was super nice and REALLY plush for someone who wants something like that. I’m a wreck in a boat, none of that for me LOL.

I’ve owned two Cats. They build a top shelf product.

Picking a “favorite” would be like trying to pick a favorite lure, rod, Dans bar maid pic, depends on the day.

8. Member
    For me personally that boat would be the 2075 Lund ProV Bass XS. I’m more of an angler than a bass fisherman in the sense that I fish for pike, musky, Walleye, Crappie just as much as bass. Hell I even drop shot for lake trout on occasion. That lay out has me more excited than any other boat on the market. I also have a family as well as take friends fishing so the ability to seat more than two others is a plus. If just a bass boat is what you’re after then pick any of the super sweet boats already mentioned.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    WVBullet I’ve found most who comment on the big Allison’s, Bullets etc...have never drove one in rough water. I was really pleased with the ride and drive of the XRS I drove. An Allison XB is my bucket list boat. I spent a week in a 520L this spring. It was super nice and REALLY plush for someone who wants something like that. I’m a wreck in a boat, none of that for me LOL.

I’ve owned two Cats. They build a top shelf product.

Picking a “favorite” would be like trying to pick a favorite lure, rod, Dans bar maid pic, depends on the day.
    This is probably true with most people and brands. My Bullet (21xd) is 21’10” and it’s a more dry ride than most I’ve been in. It’s hard to pick one of anything for every situation. I have been in rough waters. Once on Table Rock during a bad storm and didn’t particularly like the size of waves. Seen Douglas lake angry a couple times. Heck I’ve been caught on the Ohio river several times when storms raged in. If I were to say, fish the Great Lakes all the time, then I’d have a different style boat. Bass boats do have their limits in rough stuff. For a bass boat, my 21xd does excellent. I’m sure there are a lot of guys on here with Bullets that fish rough stuff much more than I that will tell you the same.

The dry ride, smooth ride is silly comparison and cop out for most you brand loyal guys. The smoothest ride in rough water I’ve ever had was in a Basscat but the roughest I’ve ever had was also in a Basscat. Driver. Driver. Driver. The wettest ride I’ve ever been in was a Skeeter FX20. The driest ride in rough water was also a Skeeter on the same lake the next day. A lot of folks want to make a doctrine after 1 experience in a certain brand. Ride in all of them in all kinds of conditions with all kinds of drivers, then make an educated answer. You’ve got to be open minded about it. .....Regardless what the brand loyal guys think, there is no boat the best at everything. They are all good, just some are little better in certain areas.
    Last edited by Roosterman; 05-12-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Nitro Z21 Elite
    Nitro Z20 Pro
    Nitro Z20 Pro
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    The dry ride, smooth ride is silly comparison and cop out for most you brand loyal guys. The smoothest ride in rough water I’ve ever had was in a Basscat but the roughest I’ve ever had was also in a Basscat. Driver. Driver. Driver. The wettest ride I’ve ever been in was a Skeeter FX20. The driest ride in rough water was also a Skeeter on the same lake the next day. A lot of folks want to make a doctrine after 1 experience in a certain brand. Ride in all of them in all kinds of conditions with all kinds of drivers, then make an educated answer. You’ve got to be open minded about it. .....Regardless what the brand loyal guys think, there is no boat the best at everything. They are all good, just some are little better in certain areas.
    Wasn’t sure how to take this post especially with the “brand loyal guys” comment. Not going to assume anything. As said in my post #26, I have rode/driven in many brands in many conditions for many years. I agree that driver input plays a very big role in ride. They can make a good boat ride or break it. I have a buddy that actually lets me drive his boat when it does get nasty. Like I said earlier, there’s not one boat for everything. Bass boats have their limitations. I don’t slander other brands. Just have my preferences after years of experience.

You absolutely nailed it. One of the worst rides I ever had was in a Cat and if i were to judge that ride in regards to buying one I would not even consider one but my partner runs Cats and his ride very, very well.
    I mentioned once on here about that rough ride a nbn d got lit up. Even got some hate mail calling me a liar. All I could do was laugh that a grown man got so bent out of shape over someone experiencing a bad ride in a particular brand that they took it personally....

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    If you were going to purchase a new boat today which one would you want?
    Rate your top 3 in order and reasons why would be nice ?
    As stared in title I’m referring 20 foot+ boats , I’m looking at pulling trigger for a new one and would like to hear some opinions. I’ve read all the individual boat forums and thought I’d ask here so anyone could chime in, thx
    Ranger Z520C
    Ranger Z520L
    Triton 20TRX
    Phoenix 920

Ok....there's 4. I've been super happy with my Ranger and want another one someday. I just love how Rangers fish and how they're built. I'll freely admit my 520 doesn't ride as good as my old Champ 203 but it does everything else better. For the waters I fish, the ride is fine. The fit and finish of Rangers is top notch and they hold up great.

I listed Triton since I have a great Triton dealer 20 minutes from me. If buying new today I would give them a look. Listed Phoenix since its hard to find anyone who has anything bad to say about them I marshalled with Amart back in 2016 and his 921 was nice.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Wasn’t sure how to take this post especially with the “brand loyal guys” comment. Not going to assume anything. As said in my post #26, I have rode/driven in many brands in many conditions for many years. I agree that driver input plays a very big role in ride. They can make a good boat ride or break it. I have a buddy that actually lets me drive his boat when it does get nasty. Like I said earlier, there’s not one boat for everything. Bass boats have their limitations. I don’t slander other brands. Just have my preferences after years of experience.
    What I meant by “brand loyal guys” is those that have had only one brand or only open to one brand. Sometimes they’ll stick by their brand regardless of what’s going on. Even though they have Zero experience with other brands. I like em all. But to be honest Nitro is the only one I wouldn’t condsider. I’d be very happy with any of the others.

What I meant by “brand loyal guys” is those that have had only one brand or only open to one brand. Sometimes they’ll stick by their brand regardless of what’s going on. Even though they have Zero experience with other brands. I like em all. But to be honest Nitro is the only one I wouldn’t condsider. I’d be very happy with any of the others.
    That’s why I don’t immediately assume. Just the timing in the post. You are so right in that. I seen it myself. They’ve never tried anything else or been in one, but are quick to make judgement. I don’t knock other brands, but a close friend of mine has a Nitro and it wouldn’t be my pick either.

17. Member
    For me right now it would be
    1 Phoenix
    2 basscat maybe if I could get over the couple little quirks I have with them, if not then ranger
    3 triton.
    I would really look at a falcon though just haven't had the opportunity

18. mikesxpress
    Boat #13 for me. No brand loyalty to anything.
    Ranger Z21 Intracoastal. It a POS just like the other 12.
    It's a bathtub with a motor on it that hopefully keeps my arse from getting wet while I fish. If it can handle Lake Erie and lower Chesapeake Bay inshore open water without falling apart or compressing my spine it's a viable choice. No carpet is a must. Next one would be an LCB. You can get the top cap configured how ever you want it including seating, fuel tanks, storage, live & bait wells. And it comes with a lifetime hull warranty.

I’d take a hard look at a Falcon 205

Champion 202

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast