Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Putting 150k into a safe account drawing interest that’s not even gonna keep up with inflation is ignorant to me.... but no risk is good for some depending on their needs... the other 50k could and still can make the man some money in the short term... short term could be 3 months if he has a set goal in mind. No penalty for pulling out early on crypto when it’s on the up and up and you e achieved your financial short term goals. For others who invest, like I said before, crypto should be part of a portfolio... not your entire investment portfolio.

2. Member
    Bitcoin 12,400 now.... just saying... it’s set up to break all time highs by the end of the year... risky yes... but can get out whenever you want.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GROD View Post
    Bitcoin 12,400 now.... just saying... it’s set up to break all time highs by the end of the year... risky yes... but can get out whenever you want.
    You can cash out on the craps table whenever you want, but we know that works out.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Unless of course you can't access your account like right now on coinbase or one of the other brokers who get hacked and lose your coins. I'm sure it's just pure coincidence that coinbase, the biggest and most secure American broker goes down on a day like today.

I do love watching the tape trade on a day like today, spreads between bid and ask go from $1 to $100 and back in the blink of an eye. So much FOMO and then seconds later so much panic and then...........booom the exchange freezes for several seconds and there goes your liquidity.

$12500 to $11500 in seconds................better hope a big buyer steps in
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Just last week I got 3.1% for a $150,000 five year CD. I will get $173,000 paid back at the end. I could gamble and maybe make more, but we all are in different times of our lives, or we handle the stress of loss differently. I would never put that much money in something as risky as crypto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Just last week I got 3.1% for a $150,000 five year CD. I will get $173,000 paid back at the end. I could gamble and maybe make more, but we all are in different times of our lives, or we handle the stress of loss differently. I would never put that much money in something as risky as crypto.
    Ya im fine doing this. At 67 and no way i can afford to lose a big chunk i think this is about the best i can hope fore.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfiat View Post
    Ya im fine doing this. At 67 and no way i can afford to lose a big chunk i think this is about the best i can hope fore.
    Do it quickly, CD rates are going down every day. That is why I took the 5 year CD. I have some more maturing yet this year where my returns are going to be much less. At 75 I lowered my stock exposure to about 10% or so last year. I am now in preservation of capital mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Do it quickly, CD rates are going down every day. That is why I took the 5 year CD. I have some more maturing yet this year where my returns are going to be much less. At 75 I lowered my stock exposure to about 10% or so last year. I am now in preservation of capital mode.

9. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    That is a Tough decision..I would split it in 4 part... 40% in Amazon, 20% in Disney(owns super hero(marvel or ?) and has star wars etc and new streaming service(library is hugh). , 20% in 2 different mutual funds .. Ariel focus or Yacktman and maybe a bond fund like Nuveen.. In investing and betting(gambling) the object is not to win but to limit your loses. Make the best value bet.. I would rather bet on a company or even a football team (patriots favorite 4/1- terrible example) Because it is the smartest bet, ..I might check the last year the S&P was negative and then look at the common stocks funds that lost the least amount. What does Buffet do ? Buys solid slow growth companies that are leaders or have a big loyal customer base.. SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE...If you buy a company that everyone thinks is a Great investment or great Value- that speculation is already in the price..Remember the sports collectable market- There was unlimited new speculations and they just kept making more and selling them to suckers.

Bitcoin! Get out the day you hit the return you want. It will gonpast previuos all time highs of 20k
    this is why you don't get financial advice online from a bass boat website lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxstix View Post
    this is why you don't get financial advice online from a bass boat website lol

I would consider purchasing silver and park it. It is transferrable back to cash or whatever currancy may be desired and it is highly unlikely that Silver will go much lower than it is now.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    So is this your retirement, or just some extra money you have gotten to play with. If its all you have saved I would go with a CD etc, If you can afford to lose a bit just go with the PrimeCap or a SP fund, there kicking it right now and will unless Trump loses!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12