Battery Disconnect????

I need to add a battery disconnect onto my cranking battery as something is slowly draining it. I cant seem to find it either as I take all my electronics off the boat when not it use. So my question is do I hook the disconnect on the positive or negative side or does it matter? Reason I ask is a couple of machines that we have here at work have them on the positive side but have a truck that is on the negative side. I am assuming either side will work but want to make sure.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

I would put it on the positive side, just to follow standard convention. I have separate switches for the motor and boat. The left switch is also a 30 amp circuit breaker servicing the boat while the one on the right disconnects the motor.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Keep looking for the source. Parasitic drain can be caused from positive or negative circuits.

4. Member
    Do you have a NEMA network? Point one? Those draw power even when you take the depthfinders off.

5. Member
    my trolling motor and cranking batteries both drain on mine when it's in the garage. I unplug the trolling motor so I literally have no idea why they drain. I just charge them an hour or two the day before a trip and every couple of weeks.

6. Member
    I'm gonna piggy back. if my trolling motor batteries only run the trolling motor and I unplug said trolling motor after fishing then why are my trolling motor batteries draining down in the garage? if I let them set a week i'll have to charge it a good hour or two to get them back all the way charged.

7. Member
    Put the cut off switch on the negative side if running two (24V) or three (36V) batteries. Eliminating the ground side will eliminate the drain. Put the cutoff switch on the positive side on a single battery.