Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Settled on Mille Lacs for many reasons, but am definitely interested in other quality fisheries around there. Plan to make the haul to Vermillion for sure one morning. Being from Texas, a 2-4 hour drive is not a deal breaker for good fishing. I appreciate everyone's help on this and will show the greatest of respect to your resources.
    2014 920/SHO

There are some good small fisheries around Mille Lacs if you get some big wind days, that have good smallies & largie fishing

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    There are some good small fisheries around Mille Lacs if you get some big wind days, that have good smallies & largie fishing
    Awesome to know!
    2014 920/SHO

4. Member
    Just wanted to update you local guys and thank you for all of your help. We had an absolute blast up there last week and caught a lot of quality smallmouth. I did not put the trophy in the boat, but for sure had at least one on that I got to see just below the surface before coming unbuttoned. But she earned it as it was an epic battle for me on an egg beater with 8# line, which I am not accustomed to. Rich (Hellabass) gave me a couple of smaller lakes around Mille Lacs just before I left for when the wind blew and the fishing there was awesome as well. If I can ever help any of you fellas with Texas plans, please let me know.

2014 920/SHO

5. Member
    Glad to hear you had a great trip. It's a great state for bass even though we don't grow them as big as you do down south, and the fact that our state only cares about walleye.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Just wanted to update you local guys and thank you for all of your help. We had an absolute blast up there last week and caught a lot of quality smallmouth. I did not put the trophy in the boat, but for sure had at least one on that I got to see just below the surface before coming unbuttoned. But she earned it as it was an epic battle for me on an egg beater with 8# line, which I am not accustomed to. Rich (Hellabass) gave me a couple of smaller lakes around Mille Lacs just before I left for when the wind blew and the fishing there was awesome as well. If I can ever help any of you fellas with Texas plans, please let me know.

sounds like you had fun! Can't wait to go this weekend!
    50th Anniversary
    1998 Skeeter Zx195C
    200 V MAX

That's awesome. Glad it worked out for you!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12