Thread: Helix 7 issues

Helix 7 issues

I have two identical Helix 7 Chirp Sonar/GPS units that I installed the new upgrade on a month ago. First time out yesterday one unit worked great, other unit shows solid colored bars in place of bottom contour lines in any sonar view. GPS and all digital read-outs including depth, temp, lat/long, appear normal. After resetting to factory settings and several re-starts, I got a week bottom contour but eventually went back to solid bars. Anybody else experienced this? Thanks

Post some unit screen shots of the "bars".
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Finally got back on the water. I swapped the units....bow to console and console to bow. The problem only occurs at the console on both units so I'm thinking it's transducer related. The console unit uses an old shoot thru hull model that came with the boat. Some low life stole my Helix 7 SI unit last year and I still have the XHS 9 HDSI 180T transducer mounted on the transom. Will this trans work on my Helix 7 Chirp Sonar/GPS unit? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
    Finally got back on the water. I swapped the units....bow to console and console to bow. The problem only occurs at the console on both units so I'm thinking it's transducer related. The console unit uses an old shoot thru hull model that came with the boat. Some low life stole my Helix 7 SI unit last year and I still have the XHS 9 HDSI 180T transducer mounted on the transom. Will this trans work on my Helix 7 Chirp Sonar/GPS unit? Thanks

It will work with the first generation and second generation Helix Sonar and Side Imaging units with no menu change. The HDSI transducer has the 83/200 kHz 2D piezo.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL