2080 rude g2 or pro xs

I have finally decided to go ahead and go back to aluminum after a close friend and father, both bought vexus and I really love the boats my question is should I go with the g2 200 ho or the pro xs, my buddy has the pro xs on his 2080 and loves it, he has a manual jackplate and says he wishes he would have gotten hydraulic but loves the Merc. My dad bought a 1980 with a g2 150 ho, and he loves the g2, I know the g2 200 is a little different correct? The option of jackplate isn't available so I'm assuming that's because it uses the g2's factory setback and trim? Does the 200 g2 also use the factory power steering instead of sea star? Also does the 200 g2 come with the smart trim from evinrude like on the bigger g2's? Finally to anyone that has a g2 200 on a 2080, how do you like it, and what is a top speed? My buddy with his pro xs has hit 67 by himself, and around 62-63 with a load and another person, thanks for any help

2. Member
    I love my 2080 with the G2. I understand that it is a little faster then the merc. It doesn’t use Seastar and has its built in power Steering, that works great! You do have smart trim if you want to use it, dealer just needs to turn it on. This is the first Evinrude I have ever had, I have always had Merc but am very happy with the G2. The G2 is a little quieter then the Merc if that matters to you.

3. Member
    Are your speeds similar to my buddies pro xs?

I’m not much on Evinrudes. I had them when you wished you didn’t. Saying that, I know they are way better now. The white 2080 with matching G2 is one of the sharpest boats on the water. I find myself trolling a lot for hybrids and like the idea that Evinrude has on hot foot or conventional throttle.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

5. Member
    G2
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools