1222xsv non touch and livescope

I have a 1222xsv non touch with LS32. I have went through both manuals and can not find this info. On the livescope page, the default for the selection dial is distance. I can push it once and can adjust gain. It there anyway to add depth to this selection by addition and/or substitution?

2. Member
    Don’t think so.
    I think you will have to go into Livescope menu and set depth.

3. Member
    Select LiveScope to view full screen.
    Menu->Sonar Setup->On-Screen Control
    You can choose Gain or Range but not Depth.
    Auto on Depth works pretty good though.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Auto keeps moving depth, it constantly zooms in and out.

5. Member
    How deep are you fishing when you see this?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Anything over about 10 ft. I tried it again this weekend. Around the 10ft mark or deeper it will just constantly shoot to over 200ft and back to the correct depth. Works fine if I manually adjust it.

7. Member
    Interesting. I don't generally have any problem with auto depth until I get to about 70 ft deep. Then I set it manually. I run the gain pretty high though.

8. Member
    no there is not.. mine did that too occasionally, but di correct itself with one of the settings
    is it on barrel or shaft. ? do you have us2 on? there are a few filters to try adjusting
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

On Shaft. Last night Auto worked well in 30ft of water. Went shallower the last hour 15ft and it would not lock on auto. I think my problem may be that I am fishing sharp drops that go from 15ft to 30ft. Everytime I scan out over the drop, It is adjusting for the drop off. I get the concept, but it is not usable this way. Manual depth works great.

10. Member
    Right. I'm fishing much deeper but the same thing applies. It tries to adjust to the deepest water it sees and that varies as you move the transducer. The only solution I know of in that situation is manual depth.

11. Member
    I suspect on shaft may have a slight shadow when trying to get vertical reading for depth. depth setting will be deepest reading so I can see shaft mount having issues. I'm on torpedo and use manual anyways..
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff