SHO full throttle adjustment

2018 VF200LA......Looking at the attached pic, ...at FULL Throttle should it be adjusted so the bent tab hits the stop? Or should I line up the mark on throttle cam with the arrow on the stop? I can't find this in the service manual. Thanks in advance

throttle.JPG

I would remove the intake manifold, and look at the throttle body "butter fly" valve. I'm not real sure about these SHOs, but my HPDI would actually go slower if I went to the throttle cam stop. I could back off from WOT, and gain 1-2 mph. The best I could figure, the "butterfly" valve starts to close just before you hit the throttle cam stop.

All that being said, I would adjust the Hot Foot to where the throttle body cam hits the stop. Then, test it on the water. If you notice that it gains mph after you let off slightly from WOT, then you probably need to make the "lines", line up.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    2018 VF200LA......Looking at the attached pic, ...at FULL Throttle should it be adjusted so the bent tab hits the stop? Or should I line up the mark on throttle cam with the arrow on the stop? I can't find this in the service manual. Thanks in advance

throttle.JPG
    ask the guys on the Yamaha board

4. Member
    ok, I did....apparently the correct setup is like pic on right, with the mark on cam lined up with arrow. Thanks for replies