Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2128
    I have gone out fishing twice now with my new Ionic 50ah batteries, 36V Ultrex. Both days I used spot lock the entire time fishing, was out 8 hours each day and I’d guess I fished at least 7 of them. First day I got home with 89% left, 2nd day I was at 83%. First day was light winds, 50-10 mph, 2nd day a little more wind, 10-12 mpg, no river current.

So, I’m very impressed with the batteries so far. My hole shot improved a lot in my BCB Eyra, big difference. Love the app and being able to monitor the batteries.

Question regarding charging the lithium’s. I used to leave my charger (MK Precision) plugged in all the time. I’m not doing that now, just charging the day or two before I’m planning on going out then unplugging it. Is it best to charge between each time out so as to not run them down low? I just want to make sure my cranking battery is fully charged which takes quite a bit longer.

2. Member
    I have used mine three times and love them. I have two 50AH running a 24volt 80lb Fortex. I fished all day on Thursday. Half the day on Ohio River and the other half on a trolling motor only lake. At the end o the day I had 68% of the battery left. I love the ability to check battery on my phone.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I have gone out fishing twice now with my new Ionic 50ah batteries, 36V Ultrex. Both days I used spot lock the entire time fishing, was out 8 hours each day and I’d guess I fished at least 7 of them. First day I got home with 89% left, 2nd day I was at 83%. First day was light winds, 50-10 mph, 2nd day a little more wind, 10-12 mpg, no river current.

So, I’m very impressed with the batteries so far. My hole shot improved a lot in my BCB Eyra, big difference. Love the app and being able to monitor the batteries.

Question regarding charging the lithium’s. I used to leave my charger (MK Precision) plugged in all the time. I’m not doing that now, just charging the day or two before I’m planning on going out then unplugging it. Is it best to charge between each time out so as to not run them down low? I just want to make sure my cranking battery is fully charged which takes quite a bit longer.
    the nice thing is they are so flexible., no rush to charge when you get home and its fine to use more than once without charging on short trips but if you are going fishing and could be a long day charge them, its always better to start at 100% if you dont know what's instore for that day, and it will not hurt them to charge at 80% and its fine to continue leaving unplugged and topping off the day before
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Once you learn your normal pattern of use, you can plan your charging accordingly. That's what is so great about the BlueTooth, you know exactly what your Ionic's are doing. No more wondering. Peace of mind for sure.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

5. Member
    Drewtick: How many CCA do the Ionic 100ah and 125ah have? Website doesn't speak to cold cranking amps.
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    Drewtick: How many CCA do the Ionic 100ah and 125ah have? Website doesn't speak to cold cranking amps.
    they are deep cycle batteries and are not rated the same as a starting battery, the 125ah can be compared to a 900ca dual purpose battery as it has the capacity to start up to a 250hp outboard and a proprietary BMS designed to allow it to work with the latest charging systems, we recommend the 125ah for starting anything over a 150hp
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    I have now fished a second time in the new Bass Cat without charging batteries. This time I fished in heavy winds for 8+hours with Ultrex and spotlock on the whole time. I ran all 3 graphs, charged phone, ran stereo, etc...when I got back to the dock, 125 ah starting battery was at 98% and all three 100 ah trolling batteries were at 82%. Looks like I am using about 10% of trolling batteries each time I fish!
    Last edited by Mikes250r; 09-23-2020 at 05:53 PM.

8. Member
    Mikes250r, Great report

9. Member
    I just installed the 60AH lithiums from Amped. Wow, they are small & lightweight (14 lbs each but they feel like only a 6 pound florida strain - LOL). Pic of the install hooked to my MinnKotaMK460PC charger set to AGM profile.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Went with the Amped bc I like the color (Black & Green) to match my LegendBoat color scheme. Tomorrow - We Fish !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    So I have two lead/acid batteries for start/backup in my center console. I am adding 24 volt/80# ipilot soon. If I purchased the 24/50AH battery is there a built in multibank charger option that can charge the 12V starting and the 24volt TM setup? Or would I need to go two separate 12v/50AH for trolling to accomplish that?
    For about $160 you can get the Lithium version of the Trollbridge 12X24. That will charge your TWO 12 volt Lithium batteries from the 12 volt alternator in your main engine. Depending on your ratio of trolling to cruising, the batteries will be well charged by the time you get back to the trailer. If they need a little more to top them off, a smart portable charger from Walmart, clipped to the starting battery, will make sure everything is ready for the next day. All done for about $225.

12. Member
    flranger, purchasing 24V batteries will be connected in paralle for your 24V TM and you will have 100AH that is very expensive plus you have to have some kind of 24V charger another expense. If you go with 2 12V 100A batteries in series you could use a 4 bank 12V charger such as the IONIC 4 bank and charge you whole set up as it will charge your lead acid also. This would be a way more economical set up than 24V 50A batteries. Paralle keeps the voltage the same, series will double the voltage. The Ionic 4 bank charger cannot charge 24V batteries. FYI, hope it helps.
    I corrected this post to reflect on total amperage in paralle.
    Last edited by RangerZ; 09-26-2020 at 06:26 AM. Reason: correction for total amp

13. Member
    Spookwizard, I too just install 3 60amp from amped. I built a "ring" out of HPDE and used the shipping material under the batteries. Strap runs under/over all three. Clean simple setup.

TM batteries were 3 years old and have only used the lithiums once but big jump in power to the TM.

14. Member
    Is the Power Pole Charge or other alternator charging system recommended for lithium ion batteries? Will it damage the battery if it gets charged every time the engine is running? Seems like if you make make 10-20 mile runs home everyday that you would never need to plug in a charger for lithium ion batteries. I am new to this so just learning about lithiums
    which of these is recommended for use with Ionic batteries? PP Charge, MK Alternator, TrollBridge, etc

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishcall View Post
    Is the Power Pole Charge or other alternator charging system recommended for lithium ion batteries? Will it damage the battery if it gets charged every time the engine is running? Seems like if you make make 10-20 mile runs home everyday that you would never need to plug in a charger for lithium ion batteries. I am new to this so just learning about lithiums
    which of these is recommended for use with Ionic batteries? PP Charge, MK Alternator, TrollBridge, etc
    Message me or give me a call on Monday and I will be happy to discuss proper and approved charging for Ionics
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    Most of our customers find that the Trollbridge makes them free of shore power, ideal for those remote lakes.
    If your trolling/motoring ratio doesn't keep them fully charged then a smart single output portable charger clipped on to starting battery will top them off overnight.
    Another option is a charging line from the truck connected to the starting battery in the boat to charge all batteries.
    No need for the weight, $$, and installation of a marine charger but it is compatible if you already have one.

17. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    2012 Mercury 300xs stroker motor.

Will the Ionic work with the 300?

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebw View Post
    2012 Mercury 300xs stroker motor.

Will the Ionic work with the 300?
    PM sent
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    I got to test my two 12v 50 ah batteries this past weekend at Kentucky lake. In two days on a single charge they were down to 50% 10-to 11 hrs total run time . It was pretty windy both days . Very impressed with the blue tooth app very nice feature . This is with the new lowrance ghost trolling motor . The trolling motor is faster at wide open now . Can’t say they improve my hole shot or top end as they were both great before . Basscat puma . Thanks Drew .

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    I got to test my two 12v 50 ah batteries this past weekend at Kentucky lake. In two days on a single charge they were down to 50% 10-to 11 hrs total run time . It was pretty windy both days . Very impressed with the blue tooth app very nice feature . This is with the new lowrance ghost trolling motor . The trolling motor is faster at wide open now . Can’t say they improve my hole shot or top end as they were both great before . Basscat puma . Thanks Drew .
    awesome
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast