Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2128
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    Any chance the BT app for the ionics would be updated to show mutiple battery voltage at the same time? Everyone has an old phone laying around that would make a great permanent display for your batteries.
    we have discussed this in detail with the engineers and software developers, if it was to happen more than likely that part would only be compatible with the latest android and ios versions and newer phones capable of a multi link Bluetooth connection but it is being looked into.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    So, has the fire hazard label that has always accompanied lithium batteries still a thing or has it been addressed and fixed?

3. Member
    By finding a cause, they developed a cure. the new lithium's are protected by an internal monitor that will detect if the battery is too hot, too cold, low voltage high voltage etc. these new ones are a huge improvement over the older ones like in the skateboard type vessels and other applications as well. some of the other examples are the "vape" utensils that would literally explode from the heat. i haven't heard of a single incident with the batteries in a marine or RV environment. i do have them in my Vexus boat and Cyclone RV 5th wheel, and no problems with either.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    By finding a cause, they developed a cure. the new lithium's are protected by an internal monitor that will detect if the battery is too hot, too cold, low voltage high voltage etc. these new ones are a huge improvement over the older ones like in the skateboard type vessels and other applications as well. some of the other examples are the "vape" utensils that would literally explode from the heat. i haven't heard of a single incident with the batteries in a marine or RV environment. i do have them in my Vexus boat and Cyclone RV 5th wheel, and no problems with either.
    I have recently read of guys having issues with RVs charging off the alternator of the vehicle having problems charging. They say they went to a dc-dc charger to resolve the issue. Not sure the brands they are talking about.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    I have recently read of guys having issues with RVs charging off the alternator of the vehicle having problems charging. They say they went to a dc-dc charger to resolve the issue. Not sure the brands they are talking about.

this would be true with some brands unless they installed a controller designed for lithium, many newer RVs has a programable controllers
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    We have customers upgrading to our 200 amp Lithium Compatible version of the Combiner 200. Sales up 300%.

7. Member
    OK.....I am sure that somewhere in 85 pages this has been covered but I’m not in a search mood tonight so maybe someone knows without too much trouble.

1. If you use 50 AH batteries for the TM and 125 for cranking and electrical can you still use your jumpstart switch.

2. What is the thought on needing or not the internal heater. TM seems like no but what about cranking?

thanks in advance for the help

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindhogg View Post
    OK.....I am sure that somewhere in 85 pages this has been covered but I’m not in a search mood tonight so maybe someone knows without too much trouble.

1. If you use 50 AH batteries for the TM and 125 for cranking and electrical can you still use your jumpstart switch.

2. What is the thought on needing or not the internal heater. TM seems like no but what about cranking?

thanks in advance for the help

pm sent
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    No on jumping off of 50A battery.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    No on jumping off of 50A battery.
    Why not? They are all 12 volts.

11. Member
    Different batteries have different max amp numbers. The BMS might just shut the battery off on the 50 amp trying to start the outboard.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    As Bob Stated its about amps not volts, the BMS in the 50ah has a max peak of 170 amps at 3 sec, if you tried to start a large outboard with a completely dead starting battery the amp draw would be to high and cause BMS to shut down the 50ah to protect itself, now if you are using Lithium to Lithium as stated a 50ah and a 125ah IONIC it is possible to flip your jumper switch or connect cables and let the batteries sit for a while allowing power to transfer and equalize between the 50ah and the 125ah and then start the motor, at that point the BMS in the 125ah would be taking the blunt of the load, I would only do this in an emergency situation but if you are stuck on the water its an emergency, this is why IONIC invented the lithium onboard emergency start https://drewcraft.com/product/emergency-start/
    all that being said the chances of draining a 125ah to the point of needing a jump starts are a very low %
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    anyone using or know why I should not use Powerpole charge with my 3 50amp and my 125 amp Ionics?

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talusmonkey View Post
    anyone using or know why I should not use Powerpole charge with my 3 50amp and my 125 amp Ionics?
    It will work fine with the IONICs, I have customers fishing the Pro Circuit Running a PP Charge with that setup
    info@drewcraft.com

What is the process for recharging a ionic 125ah after it was completely dead 0%!
    2018 Skeeter FX21 LE Ox Blood

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Talusmonkey View Post
    perfect scenario for a power pole charge.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlefty3 View Post
    What is the process for recharging a ionic 125ah after it was completely dead 0%!
    PM sent with instructions , if you need assistance message me at 910-722-0001
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Member
    Drew when do you plan on getting the 50AH back in stock?
    Last edited by jakekups88; 01-26-2021 at 04:14 PM. Reason: did not address who the message was for.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekups88 View Post
    Drew when do you plan on getting the 50AH back in stock?
    we have plenty arrive very shortly

PM sent
    info@drewcraft.com

20. Member
    I am running a 2003 185 VS Ranger, 2003 175 HP Yamaha Vmax HPDI and upgrading my 24v MK Fotrex to the Lowrance Ghost. Have 7” Lowrance Live on the bow and 12” Lowrance Gen 2 at the console.

Been doing a lot of research and reading this long thread the past 3 evenings late into the night. Seen a lot of positive feedback from others about the lithium batteries. So looking into upgrading batteries to lithium as my lead acid batteries are on their last leg. Fishing tournaments mostly on the Mississippi River and larger lakes – about 25 to 30 a year. Current and wind are my worries about the size and volts to purchase. I had have a few days when the current was ripping and my Lead acid batteries were fading by early afternoon. I get about 2 to 3 years out of these batteries – 29’s for trolling and 27 for starting.

2 – 12 volt/100AH for trolling and 1 - 12 volt/125 AH for starting

Or

3 – 12 volt/50AH for trolling and 1 - 12 volt/125 AH for starting

Also if ever need to jump start the lithium starting battery, what are my options for jump starting. Done this a few times with my current setup when having short runs with the big motor during the day.

I have purchased a MK 330PC charger and from what I have read should work fine with the lithium batteries.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated
    Thanks

Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast