Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2128
    Hammerhead, How is the AOlithium doing now?

2. Member
    I am glad to see this post is still up and running. Still running ionic sand still happy with my set up.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes733 View Post
    I am glad to see this post is still up and running. Still running ionic sand still happy with my set up.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Has anyone seen, tried, or know anything about the lithium batteries with NEMA2000 connectivity?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Has anyone seen, tried, or know anything about the lithium batteries with NEMA2000 connectivity?
    How would that work? Data being displayed on an NEMA 2000 device ala a bluetooth display on a smart phone?

Lithium Pro already has one. 3150-36 38.4v that sends all bluetooth info to your MFD. I'm sure they will come out with it on individual batteries (like 3 TM batteries) maybe using a backbone network. I would think that would be possible. Don't think it will replace the app but definitely something to watch. Always a better mousetrap......

7. Member
    Took the plunge today.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossman View Post
    Took the plunge today.
    You won't regret it!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    Ran the 125ah starting battery today with a 250proxs. Motor turned over faster than ever. Starting at 6am Turned everything on the boat on. (2) 12 inch graphs, an 8 and 9 HDS. Both livewell pumps and my running lights. Left everything on Until 1:30 and only made 2 short runs. Battery was at 70% when I got off the water. The app showed the Proxs pulling 248 amps on start up. It worked very well first time out.
    I have been told by my boat mechanic that Mercury stated that the warranty is voided if I use a Lithium battery for starting a ProXS. With so many electronic devices on my bass boat (5 graphs, talons, radio, go pro, lights) my lead acid battery is not meeting the demands. I have a 2017 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS. I thought about using a lithium for electronics and a lead acid for starting. I believe I can just run electronics all day on the lithium and just recharge the Lithium when I get home. Space is tight in the back as I have a 36 volt trolling battery set up. This will make 5 batteries in the back. When my 36 volt system needs upgraded I will get just one big litihum and have to get a new battery bank charger. Thoughts?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    I have been using Lithiumhub batteries for my 6th season. I have a 125Amp Cranking and 3 50 Amp for trolling with a Minn Kota Fortrex 112 36V. My outboard is a 2014 Yamaha SHO 250. My boat is a 2007 Ranger Z21. I fish 8-10 hour days, I fish 3-4 days a week. I have NEVER discharged a single one of these batteries. Over the period of 5 years I had a onboard Ranger Dual Pro 15 amp 4 bank charger, no problems charging. I decided to sell that charger and try a lighter charger, so I gave NOCO 10 Amp 4 bank a try, same no problems at all, I had a bank fail on the charger in the second year of use. I replaced it with the MinnKota 10 Amp 4 bank and that is what I'm using now. 10 Amps charge the Trolling batteries in less than 2 hrs and the cranking in about 2-3 hours when used heavily on crarking battery around 50%. Thats running 2 12" Carbons and 2 livewell pumps on high 8-10 hours. The Bluetooth App is one of the best tools you can have with these batteries, the App tells all, no guessing. When anyone talks lead acid or AGM batteries, they are in another world than Lithium batteries, so there is NO comparing the batteries. Lead acid is dying the minute it comes off the assembly line, not so with lithium. I would add that most days I see 15-18% on the trolling batteries and 50-60% on cranking, because of running livewells on high all day with 2 12" Carbons. The life cycle of Lithiumhub IONIC batteries say 2000 up, thats with full discharge, I've yet to do that, so in the real world I would have to fish everyday for 7 years and drain the battery to 20% for that to happen. Thats why the warranty is 5 years. Might sound like a commercial, but its just facts. The real thing to know is how the battery is construted, what kind of cells are used. Some lithiums are built with the A123 style batteries in the box, probably 40 or more cells soldered together to make the pack. IONIC uses 4 cells bolted together, so go figure how many chances are there for failure. The next big deal is the Management board that controls evrything the battery requires to be safe and stable and Bluetooth for the user to immediately know. Up untill Bluetooth 99% of people using batteries do not know how much current or amperage is being used, no more now you have a way to tell how much you are using for every item in your boat!! Trolling motors can remain on the same speed setting all day and not have to be pushed up in percentage because the amperage is dropping, because the lithium stays the same, thus you actually use less power from the battery all day. Yes the great thing of losing around 275 lbs of lead acid for around 68 lbs for Lithium, not only means better boat performance, better economy, and no gases from lead corroding the wires and nasty gases it puts off while charging is really a whole lot to comprehend. So now the cost is the same as some AGMs which are dying from the start to a great new technology we can have is no question. Look around what is happening, cars, motor bikes all kinds of electronic equipment runs on lithium, so be intelligent. By the way the cells in IONIC batteries are made by the same factory that makes IPhone batteries. Just a new day guys. I don't think I will ever own another lead acid for my boat period. IONIC the only way to power. Thanks all.
    Thanks for your post. Helpful. I used to live in Salisbury and went to Catawba. Fished High Rock a fair amount. Anyhow, here is my question. I have been told by my boat mechanic that Mercury stated that the warranty is voided if I use a Lithium battery for starting a ProXS. With so many electronic devices on my bass boat (5 graphs, talons, radio, go pro, lights) my lead acid battery is not meeting the demands. I have a 2017 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS. I thought about using a lithium for electronics and a lead acid for starting. I believe I can just run electronics all day on the lithium and just recharge the Lithium when I get home. Space is tight in the back as I have a 36 volt trolling battery set up. This will make 5 batteries in the back. When my 36 volt system needs upgraded I will get just one big litihum and have to get a new battery bank charger. Thoughts?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RALEIGHCHAMPION210 View Post
    I have been told by my boat mechanic that Mercury stated that the warranty is voided if I use a Lithium battery for starting a ProXS. Thoughts?
    He is wrong. Mercury simply reserves a right if damage is directly caused by the use of such a battery.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Is this the largest thread on the BBC?

13. Member
    Larger now

14. Member
    Thanks for your post. Helpful. I used to live in Salisbury and went to Catawba. Fished High Rock a fair amount. Anyhow, here is my question. I have been told by my boat mechanic that Mercury stated that the warranty is voided if I use a Lithium battery for starting a ProXS. With so many electronic devices on my bass boat (5 graphs, talons, radio, go pro, lights) my lead acid battery is not meeting the demands. I have a 2017 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS. I thought about using a lithium for electronics and a lead acid for starting. I believe I can just run electronics all day on the lithium and just recharge the Lithium when I get home. Space is tight in the back as I have a 36 volt trolling battery set up. This will make 5 batteries in the back. When my 36 volt system needs upgraded I will get just one big litihum and have to get a new battery bank charger. Thoughts?
    Use one of these and it will protect your alternator if you are concerned. https://sterling-power.com/products/...tection-device

15. Member
    Update on the new 125 Ah Ionics. Drewtick was very helpful, talked me through all the questions I had and I had the batteries in 3 days. Install was easy, shaved about 100 pounds of the back of the boat. I wanted the batteries for trolling cranks for walleye and they work great. I trolled using just the Garmin Force for 6 hours and used about 35% of the batteries, my regular batteries were at 50% within 4 hours so big difference. The Bluetooth app is very useful. Had no problem using the RealPro RS3 charger that came with the boat. I did put a fan on it to let it run cooler in the hot garage.

16. Member
    I switched from lead to the Ionics and am very happy. 125 hold up great fishing and my crank battery does not loose power like the lead one did. I don't have to worry about keeping them charged like i did with the lead batteries. I can get several trips out before i have to charge. I like the app being able to see charge remaining, cycles, battery temp. Great product!

17. Member
    My iPhone appears to have downloaded version 2.0 of the Ionic battery app. Doesn’t seem to work as well as the previous, which I think was version 1.09. SOC doesn’t work for more than one battery and it doesn’t see all batteries. Sometimes it sees one and other times two. I have restarted and reinstalled the app. Anyone having issues too.

18. Member
    I use a IPhone 6S and the IONIC Bluetooth App. has always worked great. IONIC batteries with the BT are the deal for sure.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

19. Member
    @Vossman Mine did the same make sure it is updated to version 2.0.2 mine works fine now

20. Member
    I have been told by my boat mechanic that Mercury stated that the warranty is voided if I use a Lithium battery for starting a ProXS. With so many electronic devices on my bass boat (5 graphs, talons, radio, go pro, lights) my lead acid battery is not meeting the demands. I have a 2017 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS. I thought about using a lithium for electronics and a lead acid for starting. I believe I can just run electronics all day on the lithium and just recharge the Lithium when I get home. Space is tight in the back as I have a 36 volt trolling battery set up. This will make 5 batteries in the back. When my 36 volt system needs upgraded I will get just one big litihum and have to get a new battery bank charger. Thoughts?
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1197489
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast