Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2128
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishcall View Post
    Is the Power Pole Charge or other alternator charging system recommended for lithium ion batteries? Will it damage the battery if it gets charged every time the engine is running? Seems like if you make make 10-20 mile runs home everyday that you would never need to plug in a charger for lithium ion batteries. I am new to this so just learning about lithiums
    which of these is recommended for use with Ionic batteries? PP Charge, MK Alternator, TrollBridge, etc
    Power Pole charge has been tested and approved on Lithium Ion batteries and does a great job on them.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    Noted but hoping for a charger option that way is less than $1400
    if you buy it from a board sponsor such as myself its much less

3. Member
    Fished yesterday at the Big G. I didn’t get up there until 1pm and fished til 5pm. Winds really picked up out of the North 15-20 mph. Stayed on spot lock whole time. When I got back to the ramp starting battery was at 99% and trolling batteries were at 77%. This makes three trips and I have not had to charge any of the batteries. Unless someone is a super hard core tournament fisherman three 50 AH trolling batteries would be ALL you would ever need. I had a 24 volt system on my previous boat and that is why I already had one 125 AH starting battery and two 100 AH trolling batteries. So when I bought my new Bass Cat I kept my lithium’s and just bought another 100 AH for the Ultrex. I will probably fish two more times before I need to charge them. I am really loving the ap and my Ionics.

4. Member
    Mikes250r, Great report on the Ionic's and your fishing experience!! Yes, the BlueTooth App is really a information center for Ionic batteries and keeps you on top of them instantly, a real game changer. The way I fish I get 3-4 trips between charging and I use the 50AMP Ionic's on my Fortrex 112. Glad to see your report!

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

5. Member
    Here a question. Say you fish 4 hours each trip using 10% capacity. Obviously, u don’t have to charge the batteries and would still have 70% capacity after 3 trips, but is it better for the battery to go ahead and charge after each trip as far as longevity of the battery or is it better to skip the charge and save the cycle?

Wannabe...

6. Member
    i believe i would save the cycle.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

7. Member
    Recently retired and looking at upgrading my trolling time (mainly after walleyes/muskies) and wondering if going lithium is worth the cost? Far from a professional fisherman but I now have more free time and won't have to fight the weekend crowds. Currently I have a 18.5' Alumacraft tiller boat with a 150 Optimax, 9.9 kicker, 80lb thrust transom trolling motor and 75lb thrust bow mount TM. Lowrance X-15 GPS/depthfinder mounted in back, no electronics on bow. Using 2 Group 27 Interstate Deep Cycle batteries in front and 2 Group 24 Interstate Dual Purpose batteries in back(starting batteries). The battery trays in the back only allow for Group 24 batteries, there simply isn't any room back there for anything bigger. With this set up I can troll between 1.5-2 mph for about 2.5-3 hours on a calm/slight wind day before I have to use the kicker to maintain my preferred speed.( trolling crankbaits and spinner harnesses) I've looked at battery prices from Relion, Battle Born and Amped Outdoors for replacing my 2 deep cycle batteries and the appropriate charger and Amped Outdoors have 100AH batteries for about 40% less than the others. Hoping for the upgrade by spring 2021 as I'll be ice fishing in a couple months and the $$ could be used for a new fish finder(Livescope?) to help this recreational fisherman enjoy retirement Suggestions or advice appreciated. Thanks !!

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Here a question. Say you fish 4 hours each trip using 10% capacity. Obviously, u don’t have to charge the batteries and would still have 70% capacity after 3 trips, but is it better for the battery to go ahead and charge after each trip as far as longevity of the battery or is it better to skip the charge and save the cycle?

Wannabe...
    I would base that on what my next trip might be, if you know you only fish 4 hours and usually just use 10% on each trip constantly then I would wait until after a few trips, if they are 50ah I would not head out with less that 50%, now as far as saving a cycle by not charging, with most modern LifeP04 batteries you are not using a cycle when you charge at 70 to 80% , its just partial cycles and on an IONIC the BMS isn't going to even register a cycle used, I charge mine at 90% or 60% because I never know what the next trip may be like.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    My Ionic's will show a cycle when pulled down to around 18-20%, then full charge. Probably the norm for lithium's.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

10. Member
    I'm interested in switching from lead to lithium, why would I purchase 3ea 12v, instead of one 36v, to run just my trolling motor?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake murray View Post
    I'm interested in switching from lead to lithium, why would I purchase 3ea 12v, instead of one 36v, to run just my trolling motor?
    I did this and regretted it. Several problems. First, you cannot use your 36v battery to jump off your 12v starter battery. Second, it's difficult to know how fully charged your 36v battery is. This is not inherent to 36v batteries, but with Lithium you're regular voltage meters are a poor measure of how much charge you have left, for reasons that have been discussed before. So I had to get a Victron meter installed which cost me about $400 and is not an easy installation.
    After having the Lithium Pros 36v battery for over a year (2 of them at 40ah tied together to give me 80ah), I pulled them out and replaced with three 12v Ionic 100ah. I'm now a huge fan of ionic and they don't pay me anything. Customer service has been great. The Ionic batteries have a built in bluetooth app to know how much charge you have in your batteries.

12. Member
    Also if your away and your 36 volt has a problem you have to either buy 3 lead acid batteries to get through weekend or quit fishing. If one 12 lithium has a problem you can get through weekend with one new lead acid in the system and a cheap charger. Also need 36 volt charger which are not as common or cheap and still need a 12 volt charger for starting battery. 12 volts is just easier and more common.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Also if your away and your 36 volt has a problem you have to either buy 3 lead acid batteries to get through weekend or quit fishing. If one 12 lithium has a problem you can get through weekend with one new lead acid in the system and a cheap charger. Also need 36 volt charger which are not as common or cheap and still need a 12 volt charger for starting battery. 12 volts is just easier and more common.
    Good points and I didn't think of that. Like many, I initially thought a single 36v battery was a brilliant idea but after experiencing it I decided three 12v's were best for me.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    As a personal preference I also prefer single 12v batteries, a lot more flexibility as mentioned above and for those extreme fisherman needing that extra power you cant beat 3 100ah or 3 125ah singles

but while we are on the subject for those of you that would rather have a single we do have a IONIC 36v 50ah single battery
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    Well order (3) 50 AH Ionics as a present for my brothers restoration project Champion 191. Also got the custom battery holder for them. Should go great with the new Ultrex he just order for it. I will have to put a thread up soon in the restoration section on this boat we have done a ton of work to it over last 2 months and when we are done it will be better than new with all the gadgets and comforts of a loaded out new boat.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Received my two 100AH & 125AH Ionics today from Drewcraft!! I think they got something going on behind the sense with UPS!! Ordered yesterday, and received today!! Excellent service!! Thanks!!
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

17. Member
    Anyone know the reason for battery corrosion? My Ionic 125ah starting battery is getting corrosion on the terminals. I have 3 100ah 12v trolling batteries which are fine. More on the positive than the negative.

SO the other day I went to the boat to get ready to head out fishing.
    I had put my 2x 100MAH Ionics (Trolling) and my 125MAH (Main) on the Ionic charger.
    When I unplugged the charger Banks 1 & 2 were flashing green for like 5 minutes... Never saw that before. Any Idea what that was? Banks 1 & 2 are connected to the 125MAH Starting battery.
    So I pulled up my app to check the batteries and it wasnt working (Fixed now)
    I ended up starting my HB Solix to see what voltage it was getting besides checking the voltage meter on my dash.
    Voltage seemed good so I went fishing and all was fine.
    What does it mean when the banks are flashing green AFTER the charger is unplugged?

Last...Dont know if its related but Bank 2 red light doesnt seem to work but green light does. Is this because bank 1 & 2 are connected to the same battery?

Thanks
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einsteins View Post
    SO the other day I went to the boat to get ready to head out fishing.
    I had put my 2x 100MAH Ionics (Trolling) and my 125MAH (Main) on the Ionic charger.
    When I unplugged the charger Banks 1 & 2 were flashing green for like 5 minutes... Never saw that before. Any Idea what that was? Banks 1 & 2 are connected to the 125MAH Starting battery.
    So I pulled up my app to check the batteries and it wasnt working (Fixed now)
    I ended up starting my HB Solix to see what voltage it was getting besides checking the voltage meter on my dash.
    Voltage seemed good so I went fishing and all was fine.
    What does it mean when the banks are flashing green AFTER the charger is unplugged?

Last...Dont know if its related but Bank 2 red light doesnt seem to work but green light does. Is this because bank 1 & 2 are connected to the same battery?

Thanks
    Bill Give me a call tomorrow 910-722-0001 or text me anytime , we can check a couple of things using the app
    info@drewcraft.com

20. Member
    Since this popped back up to the top, those with 3X50ah for 36v trolling motors, do you think 50ah batteries are enough for a 112lb trolling motor on a 23ft bay boat (tin). 50ah seems small, 100ah seems overkill (and a budget killer)

Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast