Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    With all the questions about chargers, I though I would test an older dual pro 4 bank 40 amp charger on the 125ah ionic. After fishing Wed night, I had 68% battery left. Unhooked the 18 amp charger and hooked 1 bank to the ionic and left over night. Battery was charged to 94% and was in standby mode. The ionic charger has charged to 99 or 100 percent each time. Not going to make a big difference in day to day use.
    Thanks for the Dual Pro charger test information.

2. Member
    CrazyJu, you are correct. I used 3 manufactors and never had a issue in the past 6 years. The IONIC batteries still charge 98-99%. A new age for us fishermen.

3. Member
    All PMs answered. Thanks all

Just sent my order.
    My new boat is ready just don't know when Ill get a motor, Mercury is behind.
    Wanted to take advantage of sale price and they said they would work with me on the 30 day return policy.

5. Member
    I have a Dual Pro professional 4/15, would it need reprogrammed?

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Usually Dual Pro doesn't recommend there lead acid/agm profile to be used on any lithium, it will defiantly charge but usually the issue is when does it float, where it stops charging and goes into maintenance mode, they will normally take a lithium battery and do repeated testing until they have the best charging profile, I plan to give them a call this week to discuss this. it may charge and cutoff fine but may not be near 100%. they only charge $20 per bank plus shipping to re program and if you are still running AGM for starting they can leave one bank for that purpose.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    I heard these batteries don't like cold. Is it true? Living in the North East I fish till ice up and am back out as soon as the ice melts.

Would like to know this as well. I'm in the Northeast also. I do not remove my 4 batteries from my boat in the winter. I give them a full charge in late November, then unplug and wait for spring. Never a problem in the last 25 years, they do very well in the cold. Plug them back in around April 1st and it takes about 10 minutes for them to come to full charge, all green.

I'm not interested in charging a lithium in below 32 degree temps. I want to know, if they are fully charged will they survive being out in 32 or below temps for 4.5 months? Then come back good as new when plugged back in in April.

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    Would like to know this as well. I'm in the Northeast also. I do not remove my 4 batteries from my boat in the winter. I give them a full charge in late November, then unplug and wait for spring. Never a problem in the last 25 years, they do very well in the cold. Plug them back in around April 1st and it takes about 10 minutes for them to come to full charge, all green.

I'm not interested in charging a lithium in below 32 degree temps. I want to know, if they are fully charged will they survive being out in 32 or below temps for 4.5 months? Then come back good as new when plugged back in in April.

I just leave mine in, absolutely no problems. No need to keep charging them over the winter months.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    I just leave mine in, absolutely no problems. No need to keep charging them over the winter months.
    Ed R.

10. Member
    On winter, I charge mine and leave them. If a good weather spell comes and cabin fever is getting the best of me. I just check Bluetooth, hook up and go fishing. I've never experienced anything negative as i've expressed, so I'm good about the winter time.
    Thanks and all PMs answered.

11. Member
    fishnfireman, you will be happy with your IONICs!! Great deal, starting off with all the latest technolgy in your new boat, now thats cool.

I would like to say very close to purchasing these 3 batteries, but as a customer I would like them to state on the web site that regular smart chargers will work with Lithiums and will not harm the batteries. And can you use 2 Lithiums for trolling motor and regular battery for cranking? ( Cant afford all three right now) The smart charger are charging with separate banks ?
    2013 RANGER. Z119 225 PRO XS. serial # 1B962441
    IONIC 3-50s AND 125
    HDS 12 / HDS 9 TOUCH
    GHOST
    ATLAS JACK PLATE
    POWER POLE BLADES

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drami04 View Post
    And can you use 2 Lithiums for trolling motor and regular battery for cranking? ( Cant afford all three right now) The smart charger are charging with separate banks ?
    The batteries would not see each other so there is no reason you can't do this. You will be fine doing this.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    On winter, I charge mine and leave them. If a good weather spell comes and cabin fever is getting the best of me. I just check Bluetooth, hook up and go fishing. I've never experienced anything negative as i've expressed, so I'm good about the winter time.
    Thanks and all PMs answered.
    I do the same. If a good weather spell comes, that means the ice is only 24" thick instead of 28" thick... Wish I had that option.
    Ed R.

15. Member
    Ed R........COOL

16. Member
    Drami04, Pull the trigger before they go up. Probably a million questions can be made, but there is only a few answers. No battery Manufacture is going to insure everything we hook up to them, in fact they hardly guarantee their batteries, at least you have a 5 year warranty with IONIC.

17. Member
    I have three 50 AH on the way. I have a Minn Kota MK460PC charger. What setting should I use?

CHARGING PROFILE @ 25° C Battery Type Absorption Equalize Float
    Flooded Lead-Acid 14.4V 15.5V 13.2V
    AGM/High Performance AGM
    (Absorbed Glass Mat) 14.4V n /a 13.4V
    Gel
    13.9V n /a 13.4V
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    I have the same charger. 75 AH Relion Lithium. The AGM setting is what they recommended for it. Works well for me. They said not to use the flooded Lead acid or Gel settings. Bob

Were are the settings on the Mk charger i have a 345d would like to know?
    2013 RANGER. Z119 225 PRO XS. serial # 1B962441
    IONIC 3-50s AND 125
    HDS 12 / HDS 9 TOUCH
    GHOST
    ATLAS JACK PLATE
    POWER POLE BLADES

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I believe all the min kota digital series are auto sensing and have no way to change the settings

the precision series like the 330pc / 345pc or 440pc /460pc can be changed per bank to the AGM setting with does work with many brands of lithium batteries
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast