Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2128
  1. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Batteries with a BMS cut power to the batterypoles at a certain point to protect the cells - a good thing. But many chargers (and jumpers) out there will not supply power to a battery if it detects 0V at the poles, thus no power will be sent to the battery either.

But as mentioned in this and other threads, if you do what you should and buy batteries designed for your usage, this will never be a problem as you will never have to jumpstart anything. ;) I use my boat as long as there is open water (and with Norwegian fjords that is close to year-round), last winter the coldest day in the boat saw -14 degrees C (7 F), no issues what so ever. A good AGM for cranking, and lithiums with heat for the rest.

Starting the day with removing snow from the boat is just how it is in my part of the world.
    Attachment 382464
    I agree 100% on getting the correct batteries designed for your usage. In most US climates you do not need a heater on the batteries though, but where the climate is much colder Relion offers a LT(low temp) operation set of batteries.

Also if the battery is designed correctly once the BMS cuts power to the poles/ cells it shows OV to most jump chargers and even some on-board chargers which will not allow power to the battery. This is a safety feature of both the battery and the jumpers. If the jumper system doesn't have a zero spark protection system built in then it should work.

All of this can be avoided though if your providing dealer specs out the correct batteries for your particular usage.

2. Member
    The BMS on my batteries turns them off at full charge, full discharge or overload but after being off for about 30(?) seconds it looks like they feed out some low current voltage that restarts the charger. I suspect the BMS specifications are up to the individual manufacturer and not published.

3. Member
    PM sent
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    So as the temps dropping, how are the IONIC 125 AH doing is there any issues starting anybody's outboard

5. Member
    Last Tournament fished two weeks ago was 25 degrees at blastoff. Optimax started just fine !!!

6. Member
    IONIC 125 AH.

7. Member
    It is the temperature of the battery that affects it's power. Matters little to the battery what the air temp is. Bob

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    It is the temperature of the battery that affects it's power. Matters little to the battery what the air temp is. Bob
    Understood that but when the air is cold the battery gets cold so the air does matter. I will have thermometer when I start fishing soon, if my lithium battery has any issue i have data for my record

9. Member
    In thirty years of bass fishing with several different outboards and all types of batteries cold air temps do make a difference . Sluggish starts etc.... Just stating the lithium battery turned engine over without any sluggishness or any other problems.

10. Member
    Just mentioned that as it is in a closed compartment and the air temp will take quite a while to change the battery's internal temperature. Bob

11. Member
    I recieved a few PMs on the Bluetooth App not picking up the batteries. Since updates have taken place reloading the App is taking care of the issues. Just delete the App then reload it and all should be well. Hope this helps, good fishing guy's.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    I recieved a few PMs on the Bluetooth App not picking up the batteries. Since updates have taken place reloading the App is taking care of the issues. Just delete the App then reload it and all should be well. Hope this helps, good fishing guy's.
    when that happened on my iPhoneX I just did, what apple calls a "force close" on the app. Where you do a slow swipe up and close all the open apps on your phone. Then everything worked ok
    Last edited by RichW; 11-25-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added word "slow"
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

13. Member
    RichW, good deal. CATT championship on High Rock lake Sunday morning temps were low 30s. Several friends have the IONIC 125 AMP cranking batteries and no problems at all reported. Trolling batteries held up well for all also. I know its much colder in some areas of the country as some have reported way lower morning temps and no problems for them either. Anyone need info or help PM me, I'll try.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

i've seen instances where the boats master power did not get cut off and ran down the lithiums to zero percent and the battery would not charge. we just jumped from a charged lithium to wake up the dead battery.

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    i've seen instances where the boats master power did not get cut off and ran down the lithiums to zero percent and the battery would not charge. we just jumped from a charged lithium to wake up the dead battery.
    that is how a Ionic works, the battery can be turned back on by jumping for 3 to 4 seconds to another battery, a old style charger , and some booster packs that do not have to read voltage,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    that is how a Ionic works, the battery can be turned back on by jumping for 3 to 4 seconds to another battery, a old style charger , and some booster packs that do not have to read voltage,
    I just had this issue. Forgot to flip the breakers and the small LED lights on a usb hub drained it. BMS shut it down, and the app wouldn’t connect nor would a volt meter tell me what the voltage was either. I plugged in my MK 460pc and it was in low voltage mode but it did get it to where the app would connect and it showed 5.6 volts. I thought the MK low voltage mode would get it to 10.5 v where it would then charge it. But after about 5 hours it was still only in the 7 volt range. With some help from Ranger Z and DREWTICK I hooked it up to a separate charger and it got it to 10.5v + in about 10 mins and then I plugged in my MK and it got to 30% within about 90-120 mins. Enough to get me on the water and I came home with 67% just out running around and fishing. Good to know how to wake it at least one way. Wonder if I had jumped to my Battleborn 100ah if that would have awakened it? But many thanks to RangerZ and DREWTICK for saving my day!
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

Any cyber Monday sales on the lithium batteries?
    Always Ready!

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceG View Post
    Any cyber Monday sales on the lithium batteries?
    I have discounts available to BBC members every day
    Pm me what you are looking for and I will get you a price.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I have discounts available to BBC members every day
    Pm me what you are looking for and I will get you a price.
    pm sent

20. Member
    I have read through almost all the posts and am still undecided on getting the 50ah or the 100ah size. I currently use 2 - group 27 wet-cell batteries to run a 24v MK 80lb Maxxum TM. They handle my needs 95+% of the time. I would like to think the 50ah Lithium's would work for me. I've noticed throughout the posts that several people were pondering the same decision.
    Is there any talk that Ionic will be building a size in between the 50ah and the 100ah? A 75ah? Or maybe a 65ah?
    Thanks

Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast