Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Sooo..here on the east coast we have temps in the 30's already some nights/mornings..any danger of damaging these batteries... I notice there are batteries with heaters?

Also..I usually leave my batteries in the boat all year round and leave them plugged in. Is there temps that damage the lithiums?

I run a Noco 3 bank right now..is there a certain model Noco that only does lithiums or do they all?

Thanks for any help

I'm with you during the off season. I cover the boat sometime around Thanksgiving, top off the batteries, unplug them and they are on their own for the next 4-5 months. Wait for the first warm spring day, plug the batteries in and it take about five to ten minutes and the batteries are at full charge. Has worked for me for the last 30+ years.

I jumped to Lithium this year. I'll do the same routine again this year, except with the batteries. I will leave the batteries at about 50-60% SOC over the winter, and not recharge until after the first shakedown trip in the spring.

Can't wait!!!!

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

2. Member
    I'm sure it's been answered already, but I am having trouble pairing my 50ah's to my phone. I go to the bluetooth settings, try to pair and it cant connect. What am I missing here? Thanks

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FXFishing View Post
    I'm sure it's been answered already, but I am having trouble pairing my 50ah's to my phone. I go to the bluetooth settings, try to pair and it cant connect. What am I missing here? Thanks
    don't go to Bluetooth settings just be sure it's on, download the ionic app, just open the app it will search and connect
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Yeah it didnt seem like it was searching and nothing ever came up on that first page. Is this something I was supposed to do before installing them? I didnt mess with the app until everything was installed.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Yeah it didnt seem like it was searching and nothing ever came up on that first page. Is this something I was supposed to do before installing them? I didnt mess with the app until everything was installed.
    no it may be the software version of your device, you may try reinstalling the app or try on another device, it works with IOS and Android but I have come across one older android phone that it didn't work on.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

It would be easier to tell what battery is what if you connected to the app before installing, but it should work either way.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

7. Member
    I installed two 12v 50 amp hour batteries a few months ago to use with my 24v Ultrex. They have performed great during casual fishing and tournament practice days. Yesterday we fished an eight hour tournament in 15-20 mph winds and we were in it all day. By 2pm the batteries were down to 18% and in the ‘red’. Once they were n the ‘red’ the trolling motor felt like it was on 8 when it was set on 10. We ended the day with 15% charge. They made it, but barely. I’m starting to think of upgrading to a 36v trolling motor as I don’t want to spend the money on two 100 amp hour batteries. I would say for the casual fisherman, two 50s are great. A tournament angler needs to think twice about them.
    Last edited by Bahala; 10-15-2019 at 07:23 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    So as the "face" of the company, you don't get any free products or payment?

Isn't this you on the top of their facebook page?
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/LithiumHub/posts/

And you made a video for LithiumHub?

And you just happen to live minutes away from the Lithiumhub business in NC?
    I absolutely LOVE my Ionics and there's nothing wrong with selling stuff. You're one of the most helpful guys on this thread.
    But conflicts of interest need to be disclosed (if they exist) if you want anyone to trust you.

No response from RangerZ on this?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    No response from RangerZ on this?
    Don’t provoke him, he finally quit posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahala View Post
    I installed two 12v 5o amp hour batteries a fee months ago to use with my 24v Ultrex. They have performed great during casual fishing and tournament practice days. Yesterday we fished an eight hour tournament in 15-20 mph winds and we were in it all day. By 2pm the batteries were down to 18% and in the ‘red’. Once they were n the ‘red’ the trolling motor felt like it was on 8 when it was set on 10. We ended the day with 15% charge. They made it, but barely. I’m starting to think of upgrading to a 23v trolling motor as I don’t want to spend the money on two 109 amp hour batteries. I would say for the casual fisherman, two 50s are great. A tournament angler needs to think twice about them.
    That dont sound good..anyone have any similar experiences?
    Basscat P4

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I installed two 12v 5o amp hour batteries a fee months ago to use with my 24v Ultrex. They have performed great during casual fishing and tournament practice days. Yesterday we fished an eight hour tournament in 15-20 mph winds and we were in it all day. By 2pm the batteries were down to 18% and in the ‘red’. Once they were n the ‘red’ the trolling motor felt like it was on 8 when it was set on 10. We ended the day with 15% charge. They made it, but barely. I’m starting to think of upgrading to a 23v trolling motor as I don’t want to spend the money on two 109 amp hour batteries. I would say for the casual fisherman, two 50s are great. A tournament angler needs to think twice about them.
    24v troling motors and 50ah batteries will be ok for the average fisherman and light boats but 8 hours in heavy winds will get the best of them but I would consider that pretty that pretty good in that situation, 3 of the 50ah and 36v probably would have been at 50%, 2 of the 100ah on 24v would have been 50% or more.

PM me if you are interested in upgrading to the 100s
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    MRichard - I think the batteries actually did ok given their small size and how much we were on the TM Saturday. However, I was worried they wouldn’t finish the day and we needed that last half hour to cull a fish.

Drew - Thanks. I’ll send you a PM. I need to weigh costs of upgrading to a 36v vs upgrading to 100s.

13. Member
    MRichard - I think the batteries actually did ok given their small size and how much we were on the TM Saturday. However, I was worried they wouldn’t finish the day and we needed that last half hour to cull a fish.

Drew - Thanks. I’ll send you a PM. I need to weigh costs of upgrading to a 36v vs upgrading to 100s.
    I would stay with 24v and two 100's. Future trolling motors are fine with 24v.

14. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I would stay with 24v and two 100's. Future trolling motors are fine with 24v.
    Actually 24v motors still pull a lot more current than a 36v to produce equivalent thrust. If you want the maximum runtime out of your TM, you NEED 36v....makes no difference if you have the new trolling motors or not. If you add in one of the new brushless motors, that is even MORE runtime!

50Ah with a Ghost or Force on 36v is the deal....NOW it becomes a no brainer to stay with 50Ah in almost any situation including tidal areas and places like the Detroit river!

Roy

15. Member
    rbarrow , 100% correct. Post 453, 07/14/19 on this thread about the new Ghost and Force capabilities. 50AMP may be the real deal for sure and cost positive. Wish the new motors were less expensive!!

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

16. Member
    If I go with a 36v, I will take a hard look at at the Ghost and Force. However, I don't want to go through cover fitment issues and changing chargers either. We shall see.

17. Member
    On a 24V brush or brushless motor I would still rather have 2X 100"s equaling 200AH, than 3X 50's equaling 150AH.
    Last edited by Savage; 10-16-2019 at 08:06 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    On a 24V brush or brushless motor I would still rather have 2X 100"s equaling 200AH, than 3X 50's equaling 150AH.
    In series, current doesn't add up. Actually, current capacity is equal to the weakest link.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

19. 80.3 mph and squeezing bruce''s Avatar
    I have to admit. I am very pleased.
    I purchased my batteries a little over a month ago
    The battery shows to have 13 cycles, that 21 trips to the lake for full days of fishing in the wind. Had i downloaded the app the cycles would be less as they didn't need to be charged when i did.
    I dont know how i got so lucky with all the wind. But made for a great test of the batteries.
    I have 3 100 ah trolling batteries. 1 125 ah starter battery,
    solix 15 12 10 and 360, plus radio and live wells and all other electrical items we all have.
    I can take a trip and fish all day Out on ledges and creek channels , check the statues at the end of the day and move on to the next day. I am charging every third trip.
    Very happy with the batteries.
    I do have 1 concern. With the temp getting colder. I noticed the starting battery. Has a lag maybe not a lag, just a funny start up in the morning.
    Fishing Texas lakes one at a time
    2000 Baltex hull 202 Elite Champion
    2016 250 pro
    8 inch Hydraulic Jack Plate
    tempest 27 work by Steve
    Hook sets are fishing reality.

20. Member
    3X50s do not equal 150AH and 2X 100AMP do not equal 200AMP in a series configuration.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast