Question 3 mile slough near New Johnsonville

Question for you guys that fish the New Johnsonville area. Can you access 3 mile slough from the river? Maybe just north of the 70 bridge? Trying to see if I can get in there, launching at New Johnsonville ramp. Thanks for any info.

2. Member
    Oh yeah. You can get over there at winter pool if you take the right route. We are gonna be over summer pool so you shouldnt have any problem.

3. Member
    Thx much! Will be fishing there weekend of May 17-19 and wanting to fish something new.

3 mile slough is inside the camden bottoms wma inpoundment the only way u can access it from the river is when the river floods and goes over the levey. Or are you talking about getting from the river channel through the islands over to the west bank?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apresson View Post
    3 mile slough is inside the camden bottoms wma inpoundment the only way u can access it from the river is when the river floods and goes over the levey. Or are you talking about getting from the river channel through the islands over to the west bank?
    I thought he was talking about the area between cypress creek/beaver dam and the main river channel. We need about 10 feet more of water to get into the bottoms haha

6. Member
    I've got a question for you fellas... more or less just curious... Can you get into Duck River from the lake? How's the fishing?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    I've got a question for you fellas... more or less just curious... Can you get into Duck River from the lake? How's the fishing?
    Watch for the chicken wire ....lol

He may have been man i was kinda wondering myself

was wondering where the "slough" was
    Pretty sure you would need to launch off of 70 somewhere, not from KY Lake/TN river
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

10. Member
    3 mile slough is inside Camden bottoms. Not accessible from the river.

11. Member
    Thx for the reply'. I was trying to access it from the river, looks like on google maps that I cannot. Another question, any grass at all? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer.