Thread: Avalon Pontoon

Avalon Pontoon

Thoughts on this manufacturer? My mother is looking to trade in their Searay for a more relaxed ride with room for grandkids.
    She is look at around 22' and 150hp or higher. I would really appreciate any and all advice for her.

Lets have it!
    -Ben
    2013 Lowe FM165 WT
    90hp Mercury Optimax
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 106sv
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 93sv

2. Member
    I have an Avalon Tritoon. 26 footer with a 250 Vrod. We love it. Very happy with the quality, ride, etc.
    lmk if you have any questions. Tritoons are a whole different ballgame than bassboats. Everything under the deck is pretty much the same across all of the manufacturers. The differences are in the upholstery, creature comforts, etc. You can’t go wrong with any of the larger players, Avalon being one of them.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    I have an Avalon Tritoon. 26 footer with a 250 Vrod. We love it. Very happy with the quality, ride, etc.
    lmk if you have any questions. Tritoons are a whole different ballgame than bassboats. Everything under the deck is pretty much the same across all of the manufacturers. The differences are in the upholstery, creature comforts, etc. You can’t go wrong with any of the larger players, Avalon being one of them.
    I agree with above. I have a Bennington with a F150 Yamaha--40 mph boat. Bennington, Harris, Premier and Manitou are other top brands. Avalon and Tahoe are built by the same company, and they're good too. The deal is getting a tritoon with lifting strakes on the toons that get the nosecones up and out of the water--much faster.

4. Member
    I have a new 2019 Avalon 2285T QF tri-toon with a Yamaha 115 SHO. This thing is awesome and 3 adults will plane at 33 MPH top speed and cruises 3/4 throttle at 27 MPH. This is the wifes slow boat to make memories with the grand kids. If I need a speed fix, i'll break out the Skeeter.

2007 Skeeter ZX190DC / Yamaha 150 HPDI

5. Member
    I just received my ordered 2019 Avalon LSZ 24' tritoon with a Yamaha 200. It's amazing! I took it out on it's maiden voyage two days ago, it was fantastic. Looking forward to taking it out this weekend with family.
    Quality is amazing. Full framed aluminum seat supports is a great and will last.
    After looking it over, cleaning/protecting it and putting stuff in, the only thing I'd change is I wouldn't get the silver seats. They look great with black accents, especially with my grey, charcoal and black colors but it really shows dirt/smudges/foot prints. I didn't realize how bad it was going to be. I'll get over it though. I think as the upholstery ages and naturally gets dirty, it will get better. They are spotless now so I think any spec of dirt sticks out like sore thumb right.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

6. Member
    I have a 24 lsz elite with a suzuki 250ss. Love it ,super quality and it gos 50 mph.