Thread: Presque Isle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kgabriele1114 View Post
    Dumb questions but..are pa and ny licenses reciprocal on erie?
    No.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

2. Member
    Chestnut street launch is alright if arriving early, we always use that one.

3. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I usually go back past the marina in cove public launch, if lake gets bad getting off some of those other ramps can be a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    It’s illeGal or not your preference?
    Both.

January 1 to December 31: NO HARVEST CATCH AND IMMEDIATE RELEASE ONLY. It is unlawful for an angler to cast repeatedly into a clearly visible bass spawning nest or redd in an effort to catch or take bass as with Commonwealth Inland Waters angling regulations

I don't know why the game commission doesn't enforce it cuz they could have a field day up there!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Both.

January 1 to December 31: NO HARVEST CATCH AND IMMEDIATE RELEASE ONLY. It is unlawful for an angler to cast repeatedly into a clearly visible bass spawning nest or redd in an effort to catch or take bass as with Commonwealth Inland Waters angling regulations

I don't know why the game commission doesn't enforce it cuz they could have a field day up there!
    Because i dont think they can prove it (prosecute it). The section of the Susquehanna river from Sunbury to Holtwood Dam used to be closed to ANY-ALL smallmouth bass fishing during the spawn-closed season and they tried to fine-prosecute people that they thought were bass fishing. All of them fought the fine in court and won. There is just no reasonable way to prove that they are fishing beds, even though any person in the know can tell what said people are doing. Its a bummer dude, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    Because i dont think they can prove it (prosecute it). The section of the Susquehanna river from Sunbury to Holtwood Dam used to be closed to ANY-ALL smallmouth bass fishing during the spawn-closed season and they tried to fine-prosecute people that they thought were bass fishing. All of them fought the fine in court and won. There is just no reasonable way to prove that they are fishing beds, even though any person in the know can tell what said people are doing. Its a bummer dude, for sure.
    I don't see how you could not prosecute someone. The officer sees you roll up on the bed, the power poles go down, they keep throwing repeatedly to the same spot then pull out a fish. A simple video and they are dead nuts guilty. If I were the warden I would have a field day out there. You can catch fish without hitting the beds.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Why couldn't the Game commission just make it that you can not fish in water say from 4ft to the bank. that would stop a lot of sight fishing on beds. just my 2 cents.

8. Moderator
    AND again this year... every year it's the same.. it's funny how the opinions change over time......
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

9. Banned
    these smallies get HAMMERED on their beds in the bay. It's a shame!

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    these smallies get HAMMERED on their beds in the bay. It's a shame!
    I believe you. It is a shame!!!
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

11. Banned
    how was weekend smalie fishing up at Presque Isle? Plan on going up tomorrow (Tuesday) and probably fish main lake. Hoping to get a good shallow bite.

12. Member
    I don't see how you could not prosecute someone. The officer sees you roll up on the bed, the power poles go down, they keep throwing repeatedly to the same spot then pull out a fish. A simple video and they are dead nuts guilty. If I were the warden I would have a field day out there. You can catch fish without hitting the beds.
    Because said person or persons can just say they were throwing towards another specie of fish. How can the officers prove what species they are throwing at? Have officers in scuba gear under water?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    how was weekend smalie fishing up at Presque Isle? Plan on going up tomorrow (Tuesday) and probably fish main lake. Hoping to get a good shallow bite.
    talked to a guy that was up on main lake end of last week and 2 fish, walleye and sheepshead.

14. Member
    Both.

good thing they are aggressive and eat on 1st or 2nd cast
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

15. mikesxpress
    Wait till the "keep them" season opens up and the Dutchies get on the pontoons and yank them with live bait.
    If it bit it gets eat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123