Power Loading Problem

Was hoping one of you guys could help me out with a problem I've had ever since I got this boat. Hopefully someone can just tell me I'm doing something wrong because this has me scratching my head.
    Set-Up:
    2000 Basscat Pantera Classic
    2000 Mercury 200hp carb serial#:0T143513
    Compression checks good, new plugs, new fuel line & bulb
    Previous prop: 25p Tempest 1 large PVS plug
    Current prop: 25p Trophy 3 large PVS plugs
    Problem:
    Every time I try to power load the boat onto the trailer the motor boggs down and dies like it floods its self as soon as the boat starts sliding up the bunks. I've tried multiple trim angles, as well as trimmed all the way down and then up at the last second. I've tried 2 props as seen above. I can't back the trailer any deeper due to the front roller. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Had problems trying to load with a 4 blade trophy before simply would not turn the rpm`s to load, went with a fury 3 blade and a 3 blade tempest no problem.
    My motor would not die though.

3. Member
    Maybe it’s new special feature to prevent damage to launches from powerloading?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    How is your HOLESHOT out in the water?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Holeshot on the water is alot better with the Throphy. That's part of the reason I swapped the Throphy out for the Tempest. RPMs go to 4k and I'd say it takes about 4 seconds to get on plane with half a tank.

If it is a single axle trailor on most average angle ramps the the steps in front of the fender should be just barely under water. I dont kow about the torque on the carbed motor but my old 96 PII 200 efi was on the pad mucher faster than that with a 25 tempest. Hated the trophy prop when I tried it for while, to damn slow and the hole shot was no better than a properly tuned tempest
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One thing we do see with the Trophy occasionally- if you have the Small-Barrel prop, it leaves about 1/2" gap between the prop and gearcase. This results in less PVS venting where it really COUNTS, and is often overcome by installation of a simple "Blowout Ring" on the prop.

Worth checking...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    I'll try the blow out ring. But wouldn't it still work with my Tempest? Also is it possible that the Tempest prop is bad and needs to be balanced and blueprinted? Because I have better top speed out of the Throphy. Just wondered if B+B would make it better? So you think it's a prop issue and not a motor problem?

9. Member
    Ring for sure and try different pvs plugs to get hole shot dialed in. Make sure you dial it in with full tank and wells
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

10. Member
    should be good with one large hole plug in only other two open no plugs on tempest
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................