Plum lake vilas county

Heading up north to fish this lake for smallmouth and largemouth this coming week.
    Never been on this lake. Any tips or waypoints would be appriciated if willing to share. Thanks much

2. Member
    Only fished the lake once, but do not waste your time trying to find largemouth.

3. Member
    yeah I think it is more of a smallmouth lake

how was the fishing? I am heading up to Vilas for a week starting Saturday and havn't been north yet this spring.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

5. Member
    Fished Eagle River area last weekend...water temp was only 47 when launching on Friday...fairly tough fishing for us...buddy got 3 and 4 lb smallies...I managed a 26" walleye, LOL

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

6. Member
    Like ToyotaKev said all day we managed 6 smallies 1 northern 4 walleyes. Water temp was 49-53 degrees. we fished on a few area lakes. Biggest smallie was 5lb.13oz.
    we had great weather. i like fishing this time of year. It is tougher but you have a chance at catching huge fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jigapig View Post
    Like ToyotaKev said all day we managed 6 smallies 1 northern 4 walleyes. Water temp was 49-53 degrees. we fished on a few area lakes. Biggest smallie was 5lb.13oz.
    we had great weather. i like fishing this time of year. It is tougher but you have a chance at catching huge fish.
    �� thats a hawg! Ill get the hairjigs and jerkbaits ready!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"