Thread: Need new grill

Need new grill

Currently have a Phoenix that is a Holland knock off. Don't need outside burners or roterisery. Just heavy duty non flare up grill. Suggestions?

2. Member
    If you're looking for a gasser, I'd go with anything Weber has. I have the Genesis II and love it. It has the outside burner but you can buy another version without it. Cranks up to 700 degrees in minutes and holds it's temps very well. IMHO, the best gas grill on the market.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

This is my next grill..... The problem is my Weber Genesis II is still going strong.... They don't make the Webers like they used to... Mine has the extra sear burner, I'm not sure that is still offered on them.. The Napolean is probably the best out there. It is a "Lifetime" grill, everything is warrantied for life. I have a local dealer who Demos these grills throughout the year, and it is by far the best in quality I have seen. Here is a link to the one I like... (I do not promote Lowes, btw)

The Wilmington Grill looks awesome as well....

https://www.lowes.com/pd/NAPOLEON-St...ner/1000670481
    Last edited by KCLOST; 05-09-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    bqgrills.com in elm city near Wilson

6. Banned
    If I was going to be getting a new grill, I'd be getting one of the generic CharBroil gas grills at Home Depot/Lowes. Then I'd do away with the grates and replace them with GrillGrates--available at Amazon.com.

What's wrong with your Phoenix? I'm going on close to 20 years with my Phoenix, and still love it. Dad had a Holland, and I wasn't impressed with one temp.

8. Member
    Rec Tec Grill ! You can thank me later.

9. Member
    Gas=Weber. I own 3. I’m picking up a Pitts & Spits pellet cooker Monday. Made in Texas. All welded. Pricey
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

10. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Weber Genesis

11. Member
    I have a completion grill on a tandem axle trailer-- I have a off set stick burner--a duel fuel smoker and last year I bought a cheap Kettle style Members Mark grill from Sam's. Paid less than $100.00 dollars for it. I have to admit I did purchase a slow N sear for it but I have had more fun going back to simple than you can imagine. I soon came (back) to the conclusion that bigger is not always better....fancier does not always cook the best and most of all the end product is what matters. I would put the kettle style cheap charcoal grill in the right hands---- can cook as good or out cook any of the set and forget (not really cooking in my opinion) reverse flow--stick burning--off set --rotisserie grill on the market today...Its only limitation is its size...

12. Member
    phoenix has been great. Interior frame completely rusted out. Cook grate held up by bricks.

13. Member
    Rec Tec grill and order grill grates for 1/2 of it so u can smoke on 1 side and sear a steak on the other side