200HP V8 four stroke prop

Would I be able to put a Lazer 2, 21 pitch prop on a 200HP 4 stroke V8 ( # 2B591233) and get decent performance. Would Hub Kit 8M0101602 or 840389K06 be the right one?

2. Member
    What prop is right for your boat depends on the boat. What are you running? New or repower?
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1, correct prop will depend on boat, setup, weight, and a number of other factors. Laser-II is probably not the best choice for your 4-stroke... your Dealer (the one rigging and performing the PDI Inspection) should be able to assist in selection of an appropriate propeller (if not, some on-water testing with G3-2019 CDS may be in order).

Believe the Hub Kit question was in your other thread.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Boat is new and is being prepared and came from the factory with a 19 pitch aluminium prop ( Mercury) and the proper hub. Was considering buying a 19 pitch Tempest plus to replace the aluminium but already have at home a 21 inch Laser II . What would be the best one to try first ? Dealer suggest a 21 pitch Tempest Plus.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What boat?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    18 and 1/2 foot aluminium boat with windshield. 1 talon anchor.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    18 and 1/2 foot aluminium boat with windshield. 1 talon anchor.
    Did you forget who makes the boat and the model of it??!!

8. Member
    Princecraft Xpedition 180. I did no think the exact model would help since it is made across the border.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Laser is not going to be a well-suited prop for this rig, especially with the 5.44" Gearcase this engine comes with.

You'll want something with a larger blade area for efficiency... work with the Manufacturer for suggestions (perhaps a Tempest Plus, Enertia, etc).

10. Member
    Just an update on my choice of prop for the V8 four stroke 200. I tried the Laser II (21) during the break-in period. Could not get more than 5300 rpm. I have a 19 Tempest plus coming. Hope I get more RPM.

11. Member
    I have been using the Tempest + 19 for a couple of weeks and can get 5700 rpm. Speed is 57 mph. With the Laser II (21) could get 5300 rpm and 55 mph. The Tempest is more pleasant to drive but not a big difference. Not there yet but getting there. Thinking of a Tempest + 17

Bravo 1 LT 19p

Yep, I’d suggest the Bravo as well
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

14. Member
    Yes a bit of stern lift might be what I need. Do you think the Bravo LT 19 will get me to 6000 RPM ?