Garmin Trolling Motor

I just saw a Facebook post from Bill Dance about a Garmin Trolling Motor. Anyone else see it? Any information on it?

been awhile since we have had competition in the trolling motor market, now we got a bunch.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Banned
    Knowing Garmin, I own them, they'll make it a great product. BUT, it'll partially useless without additional equipment. Like, it'll have spot lock, but you can't use it unless you buy an additional GCV box that needs to be networked to a Garmin GPSmap unit, Echomap units won't be compatible. And it'll only spot lock on lakes that you've paid for ultra mapping on.

That's how Garmin operates. None of their ecosystem is compatible between model lines, and everything requires additional boxes and shit to function properly.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Come on Dave.....

Lowrance had the black boxes as well and still do.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Riccochet

Not sure where you are getting your information but the GCV is a Sonar black box and has nothing to do with the trolling motor.
    I am told that it will work with any graph as the spot lock is a motor function only. The motor will have built in GPS and will not care anything about who's graph you are using.
    I am sure that you will not need the Ultra mapping as it should not care what the maps look like.
    I guess we will find out.

It will operate the same way the Ultrex does but Garmin compatible just like HB and the Ultrex.
    As with any new product you need to give it a year or so to work out any bugs.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    It will operate the same way the Ultrex does but Garmin compatible just like HB and the Ultrex.
    Have you tested one?

I know a guy
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I know a guy
    that what??? Was it Bill Dance???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    I know a guy
    Just one?

11. Member
    I hope you're right. That's all I want.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlnman View Post
    Riccochet

Not sure where you are getting your information but the GCV is a Sonar black box and has nothing to do with the trolling motor.
    I am told that it will work with any graph as the spot lock is a motor function only. The motor will have built in GPS and will not care anything about who's graph you are using.
    I am sure that you will not need the Ultra mapping as it should not care what the maps look like.
    I guess we will find out.
    I'm not getting any information, I'm speculating based on Garmin's stellar track record of compatibility between current product lines (Echomap and GPSmap) and even current and previous generation of similar product lines (76xx and xx41/42).

I'm sure the Garmin troller will work just fine. They probably just licensed a bunch of tech from minnkota, made their mount and rubber stamped Garmin on the side of it.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Ill wait for Power Poles...Game changer!

14. Member
    Garmin has been "making noise" about coming out with a trolling motor for the past 3 or 4 years. Don't know if this is correct for the ICAST this year or just old scuttlebutt
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Garmin has been "making noise" about coming out with a trolling motor for the past 3 or 4 years. Don't know if this is correct for the ICAST this year or just old scuttlebutt
    John
    Its the real deal! Lots of them out to beta testers. I would say Icast is s good bet.

It’s going to be an interesting ICAST with four in the controlled motor game it appears.

Minn Kota
    Lowrance
    MotorGude
    Garmin

more to come...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It’s going to be an interesting ICAST with four in the controlled motor game it appears.

Minn Kota
    Lowrance
    MotorGude
    Garmin

more to come...
    Will be interesting
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

18. Member
    the other 3 have lost millions in revenue watching minnkota sell a lot of product an the folks that spent money for a new troller are not changing unless way underpriced an no function issues.