Question Intermittent Fasting Questions...

I need to lose about 20-25 lbs. of weight and am considering intermittent fasting to lose it. I am 44 years old and my energy levels seem low. Right now I weigh 235 at 6'-6" tall. I am not overweight, but I feel better at around 215. I would like to see my energy levels go up and lose some weight in the process. For those of you that have some experience with losing weight by IF, I have several questions. I am considering the 19/5 method of fasting.

1) What foods do you eat during the 5 hours? Specifics please.
    2) Are you doing anything else besides fasting to lose weight? Exercise, walking, running, etc.?
    3) If so, what are you doing and how much time are you spending each day?
    4) Those of you who talk about a Keto lite diet along with the IF, what foods does that involve?
    5) What is a reasonable caloric intake for the IF to work well?
    6) Can you name some specific foods that you eat that work for you?

Thanks in advance for your help. I may still have a few more questions when I get started.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    1) I always have a protein shake to break my fast, start my feed. This is a homemade shake that consists of whole milk, home made peanut butter, some protein powder, flax and chia seed and some yeast. It has 1000 calories. The other meals might be eggs w/cheese and bacon, more milk, cheese sticks, avocado, nuts, steak, sometimes another shake with leafy greens. Lots of fat and I try to get about 2000 calories total for the day
    2) lift weights and cardio
    3) 4-5 hours in the gym per week lifting weights and some cardio and 3-4 hours hiking per week
    4)answered in 1st question. Keto lite is just saying that you eat a high fat diet, less protein and cut the carbs. Not really worried if I get into Ketosis.
    5) caloric intake is based on what your personal caloric needs are. Look into a TDEE online calculator. Start with that and adjust.
    6) Whole milk does really good for me with hunger. Red fatty meat is okay for holding me over and lean meats like chicken suck. I need the fat or I'm starving in the evening and that leads me to cheating.
    Thanos was the hero