2015 521C Electrical Issues

Hi All,

New to the board and to Ranger. I recently acquired a 2015 521C with a 250 PRO XS has been a great boat up until last weekend. We stopped at our spot dropped the trolling motor when all of a sudden the motor went full down trim and wouldn't stop. Turned off power at main disconnect and back on noticing that the trim switches on the steering column and throttle worked. However as soon as I pushed any button on the key pad motor would go down trim and all the buttons on the key pad would flash which normally indicates a breaker tripped. I was able to stop the down trim by pushing the up trim on the throttle. The motor doesn't move up just stopped the continuous down trim. Thankfully it started and we headed back. Just wondering if any one has had this happen and what was the cause. Thanks

Tom

Double check and make sure your trolling motor cables are not laying on the trim switch at the bow, been there done that. Also if you get water under the the front console plate it can get into the switch and cause it to short and run the trim, I pressure washed my carpet one time and got water into mine and it went to trimming on it's own driving down the road.

3. Member
    Turned out the power distribution module was damaged from coming loose then banging around in rough water. I secured the new one with longer bolts through the mount plate and double nutted with nylocs on the bottom.

Tom