Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

up north report???

Any body got any reports from around the Traverse area? headed up for 10 days on the 18th of this month.

thanks
    Bill

2. Member
    I'd be straight up lying to you if I said I was catching them. Typically it starts almost immediately after ice out, but I've struggled this year. Couple boat issues coupled with the weather and it's been a slow start. The ones I've caught have been good ones though.

Generally speaking inland lakes are in the mid 40's and West Bay was 36 2 days ago. By the 18th, it should be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by stackenem View Post
    Any body got any reports from around the Traverse area? headed up for 10 days on the 18th of this month.

thanks
    Bill
    I'll be checking out the lakes in the area next week. I won't be back till the 18th. Let you know if anything is moving

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    I'll be checking out the lakes in the area next week. I won't be back till the 18th. Let you know if anything is moving
    Thanks

Anyone have any updates for the Traverse City/ Lake Charlevoix area? Staying in Elk Rapid for 2 weeks starting June 8th.
    Last edited by Junk Fisherman; 05-29-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

6. Member
    I'm headed up this Saturday..I'll be there through Wednesday..
    Something to think about on Charlevoix...Looks like the Ironton launch will be closed most of the summer...That could make getting to the south arm on windy days a challenge...Last time I was at the East Jordan launch it was unusable..
    http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/la...reconstruction
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 05-29-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Fished skeg and elk this past weekend. Skeg was 60-62 degrees on Sunday with new beds being made. Elk was 50 degrees. Eastbay was 46 (report from a friend). I didn’t see a fish on Elk. Did well on skeg on a Ned.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Fished skeg and elk this past weekend. Skeg was 60-62 degrees on Sunday with new beds being made. Elk was 50 degrees. Eastbay was 46 (report from a friend). I didn’t see a fish on Elk. Did well on skeg on a Ned.
    Thanks. Looks like I will have a greater prespawn bite this year than years past. That should be fun.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

9. Member
    Headed that way Sat morning. I will be up there for a week or so. I will post a report when I get back. I think there is a new pay to launch at the southern tip of the south arm at the corner of Mill and Water street.

10. Member
    Headed that way Sat morning. I will be up there for a week or so. I will post a report when I get back. I think there is a new pay to launch at the southern tip of the south arm at the corner of Mill and Water street.
    If your talking down in East Jordan I'm not sure if that launch is done yet..They said it was suppose to start in 2019...Give me an IM if you go there and it is open..Thanks..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    If your talking down in East Jordan I'm not sure if that launch is done yet..They said it was suppose to start in 2019...Give me an IM if you go there and it is open..Thanks..
    Will do.

12. Member
    Will do.
    Keep checking your messages here or over at GLB...If I get something going on Charlevoix or Walloon I'll send you some info...
    Zinn

13. Member
    Almost every lakes is still prespawn guys, Intermediate, Walloon, Crooked, Carp and a few others have a very limited amount of fish that have moved up or are currently moving up. Intermediate had a decent amount bedding on Sunday.
    Burt, Mullet and Charlevoix are still cold.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Keep checking your messages here or over at GLB...If I get something going on Charlevoix or Walloon I'll send you some info...
    Thanks, I am checking out Skeg on Sunday. I have very limited internet where I am at up there but my phone works. 734 260 7089. give me your number and I'll give you a call if I find anything.

Bill

15. Member
    Thanks, I am checking out Skeg on Sunday. I have very limited internet where I am at up there but my phone works. 734 260 7089. give me your number and I'll give you a call if I find anything.

Bill
    I'll be on Charlevoix tommorrow...Not sure Sunday, maybe Walloon if things are tough on Charlevoix..I'd like to save Walloon for a bad weather day..
    Sent you a PM
    Zinn

16. Member

Bill
    There's a Tournament on SKEGEMOG on Sunday.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

17. Member
    Headed back home today after being in the Traverse City area all week. We found fish on beds in several of the inland lakes near T.C. Lots of beds on Walloon right now. Charlevoix (including south arm) was really tough for us.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wash-n-lures View Post
    Headed back home today after being in the Traverse City area all week. We found fish on beds in several of the inland lakes near T.C. Lots of beds on Walloon right now. Charlevoix (including south arm) was really tough for us.
    I just got off from Charlevoix...Ran all the way from Boyne city to the South arm...When I drove by the Ironton launch there was trucks with trailers so they must have decided to stay open for the weekend. ..Kind of sucked that I didnt know that because the wind kicked up a little bit today and made for a rough ride coming out into the main lake on my way back...I only caught a few small fish..Things are really close on Charlevoix and in the next week or so it's going to be good..
    Tournament today on Walloon (according to a guy at the launch) so I stayed away from there....Caught one nice one there yesterday but I didnt light them up that is for sure....I checked some bedding areas in the area I was at and the old beds didnt look like they had been cleaned out..Headed back to Walloon tomorrow..
    Zinn

What kind of temps on Charlevoix? So they haven't even started spawning there heavily yet?
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    What kind of temps on Charlevoix? So they haven't even started spawning there heavily yet?
    Around 52 degrees depending on where you were at....I saw as low as 49 and as high as 55....Walloon was around 60
    Zinn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast