Mercmonitor GPS Antenna Options

I am posting hear because my Mercmonitor will be used on a 200hp V6 4-stroke that is on order. I still don't have the Mercmonitor yet either. From searching the internet it looks like most are enabling the GPS speed of the Mercmonitor by hooking it up to a Fish Finder/GPS. I will not have one of these. Is there a compact GPS antenna I can buy to enable GPS speed on my Mercmonitor?

I am also confused on the difference between Mercmonitor Basic and Level 1. I know the Basic does not have NMEA 2000 capability, which I do not need since I do not have a Fish Finder/GPS. But I read that the Basic has an inferior screen that glares up easier in bright lights. And I also read that it doesn't have as many options for what data is shown at one time. I would like Trim,RPM, and Speed to be shown at one time on the Mercmonitor, is that possible with the Basic?

Thanks!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There is no "Basic" or "Eco" Version anymore- it has been discontinued.

Level-1 or above are what you get if you are ordering CURRENT product.

Most any NMEA-2000 GPS puck will work, but you will need a NMEA-2000 (powered) network.

If you haven't already done so, drop Rhonda an email (see her post at the top of the forum for contact info).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I will, thank you!

4. Member
    Willy
    I run Hummingbirds so initially I installed a NMEA network just for the Merc monitor (I have a level 2). I picked up a Garmin puck for the network. It was a 17X or 19X I think, if I remember when I looked into it some antennas were better than others as being more accurate. I put a NMEA 2000 Huminbird converter on last fall so I could read data on one of my Helix 12's. I know data now shows up but have not used it enough to see if I like it or not. If you do add a NMEA 2000 network, remember it needs to be powered and you need a "T" for each drop and terminators on each end.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

5. Member
    Mine uses the one in my Lorance TI-9.
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

6. Member
    Don is it possible to get the eco version? I just had a 19 150 pro xs put on with a mercmonitor. I was reading through the manual and it shows eco on the cover. I didn't know there was a difference i told them to install one. Thanks.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ECO Version has been discontinued, and is no longer offered by Mercury.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thanks for your time Don. Unfortunately I think I got one anyway. Is there anyway i can look at it and know for sure?

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Version number at keyup (and Level Number if displayed).

10. Member
    Pay attention when you buy one there's obviously still some eco's on shelves of warehouses because I got one.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Oh most definitely. I know of one particular boat manufacturer that will probably still be putting them in 2+ years from now.

12. Member
    I got it returned and got the correct one thanks.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324