Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Walmart Everstart 29DC Battery?

Looks like I am going to need to purchase trolling motor batteries. Looked at the Walmart Everstart 29DC battery today. Priced at $99.99, rated for 845 MCA and has a free replacement 2 year warranty. Sounds like a good bang for the buck battery. Anyone have any experience with this battery?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Those are what I consider the battery to judge all others against. Of course nicer batteries exist but for the money those are darn good batteries. Btw not sure cranking amps mean anything for a trolling battery.

3. Member
    Very popular battery for troller use. Made by JCI and identical to the Interstate SRM29/31. Make sure to pick them as fresh as you can, preferably no older than 2-3 months. RC of 210 is pretty hefty for deep cycle.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

That’s what I buy and they last a long time. Use them for the TM. I spend a lot of hours on the water at a time and never run them down. My local lakes are 9.9hp max so I run the TM all day.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Banned
    The best inexpensive battery out there.

6. Banned
    Sam's Club Duracell 31DC series. Same size as the Everstart Maxx 29, but $20 cheaper.
    I've used Everstart Maxx 29DC'S for around 20 years, and love them. I EASILY get 5 years out of them. I decided to try the Duracell's when Sam's Club had them on sale last month for $79. I've heard alot of good things about the Duracells.

Have 3 of them, no problem. Going on 3 years.

8. Member
    i use 2 of them daily in my tool truck. work great and last for many years
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I have those for all my batteries and they hold up well for the money and Walmarts are everywhere in case you need a replacement .Good to go
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

10. Member
    Great trolling batteries,I’ve been using them for many years.

11. Member
    They are all I've been using for years...great battery for the money

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have 2 in my boat and they’ve been great. Sure there are better batteries but for the money, and convenience I will run these. I had an issue with one back in December. Took it into Walmart and they guy simply said get a new one. Didn’t ask for any paperwork...guess he didn’t care. With how many Walmart’s there are down here I know I can exchange/replace very easily.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Been using them in both boats and my trucks for years. Work great, last long time. However, I do feel guilty for not paying hundreds more.

(Bullchit! Who am I kidding? I feel pretty good about it.)

14. Member
    As everyone else has said, great batteries. Just check the water levels a few times each season and they will last quite a long time.

15. Member
    Thanks guys. I will head to Walmart tomorrow and get 3 of these! Your input is much appreciated!

16. Member
    I put the eveetarts in my champion and ran them 4 years without issue or failure. I was going to put them in my ranger but on run group 27 with my 36 volt system and went with the Sam’s Duracell AGM group 27’s when they were on sale for like 118 apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I have 2 in my boat and they’ve been great. Sure there are better batteries but for the money, and convenience I will run these. I had an issue with one back in December. Took it into Walmart and they guy simply said get a new one. Didn’t ask for any paperwork...guess he didn’t care. With how many Walmart’s there are down here I know I can exchange/replace very easily.
    Same with mine went it went dead after one year. She told me to go back and get another battery. She called them Neverstart, lol.

Just replaced one this afternoon. Just out of warranty. The new new only have a 1 year replacement warranty now. That sucked
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Just replaced one this afternoon. Just out of warranty. The new new only have a 1 year replacement warranty now. That sucked
    That is one of the reasons I went with a Duracell replacement battery. 18 month warranty vs. just 12 month replacement.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRiverRat View Post
    They are all I've been using for years...great battery for the money
    X2. My current set is going into their 6th season.
    As others said, be sure to keep an eye on the water level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast