Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Think we are getting some where. I purchased new thermo and poppet gaskets today. I am going to check for debris. Let you know what I find. Thanks again everyone, Carl

2. Member
    Starboard thermostat that was reading 71 degrees........Beeps would sound after about 8 minutes of idling. Pulled termostats and cleaned.

Starboard thermostat..

Been idling on the muffs for about 15 minutes now, no beeps. Temp holding at 118 - 122 degrees.

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    Fixed!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MccoysZ119 View Post
    Think we are getting some where. I purchased new thermo and poppet gaskets today. I am going to check for debris. Let you know what I find. Thanks again everyone, Carl
    You must like to spend money...….Ed pulled a piece of wood out of his thermostat for FREE...…..FIXED!

5. Member
    Question, I am wanting to check my thermostats today, but the thermostats hex head bolts have the fuel rail lines in the way. Not having done this before, do I remove the rail fuel line from the fuel rail. I see a stainless bracket on the top of the rail with 2 screws, if I remove this does the brass fuel rail fitting unplug from rail? Is this under pressure. Need a little help. Thanks, Carl.

6. Member
    I just found an old post from Don Weed on how to remove the thermostats. Going to give it a whirl.
    Another note, I ran my Optimax with muffs today, checked the temps of each thermo, starboard side after 5 mins 124-126, port side 92-93 degree. I let it run to the 8 min point, and you guessed it, the 5 sec 6 beep alarm sounded. I am going to pull the port side thermostat.

7. Member
    ALL FIXED and headin' to the lake!

All the posts really helped with this problem. THANKS to all that posted here.

EXACT same problem as Ed R. Wood stuck in the port side thermostat.

WHEW!

Cheap and easy fix because of BBC forum!

Thanks again everyone!

Carl

8. Member
    I hope you pulled BOTH thermostats and checked them BOTH, or you may be disappointed.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MccoysZ119 View Post
    I just found an old post from Don Weed on how to remove the thermostats. Going to give it a whirl.
    Another note, I ran my Optimax with muffs today, checked the temps of each thermo, starboard side after 5 mins 124-126, port side 92-93 degree. I let it run to the 8 min point, and you guessed it, the 5 sec 6 beep alarm sounded. I am going to pull the port side thermostat.
    Look in the FAQ Section- there's a post there that gives details on how to remove and reinstall the thermostats.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    I have some good news, went to the lake today and YES no beeps. Thanks to all on BBC for your help, Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12