Newton conditions

Headed down Friday. Anyone have temps, clarity? Is the water high?
    TIA
    Please release me,let me go.

2. Member
    I was there last saturday . Water looked good until I went way up the hot side . One foot or more vis depending on where I was . I could hear the water running over the spillway but I don't think it was more than a foot high . The cold side was 65 and saw 77 most of the way up the hot . The fish were far and few between . I think many are in the spawning funk now .Some a little pre some a little post and some might be on the beds . I never do all that well at this time so maybe others caught them well . I will be there on saturday for a tournament . I hope something changes for the better .

3. Member
    Thanks for the info! May is tough all over. That's why were coming down. Water is high up here by Chicago. Quarry's are a foot or more above last year. but it usually means a good spawn. If we get home in time which I'm hoping is midnight, I'll post if we caught anything out of the normal stuff.

4. Member
    Fishing was good Friday. 3.4 lb 19 inch. 2 18's . 9 total which was not what I expect. For some reason my batteries didn't charge from the last trip and I had no trolling motor so it was difficult to effectively fish. So went old school as much as possible and did a lot of drifting. Passed over massive schools of fish so had to find out what they were and they were white bass and it soon became every cast a fish. Always fun when they are on. Just about everyone was 15 inches. 42 fish passed through the boat. All returned for next time. All the white bass were caught on the cold side.The LM;s on the hot side except one caught up in a cove by the intake.