Gotta love a Scorpion Prop

Seems like just as good or better than other stainless props but with just 1/2 the cost. ($300) Removed a 25" Raker 2 that came with my etec 150 HO for a Scorpion 4 bladed 23". Tremeduously better holeshot and midrange. Might just get another 24" Scorpion Titan too. I think I can turn it on my Sabre. Anyone tried the 24" Titan on a similar set up?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Seems like just as good or better than other stainless props but with just 1/2 the cost. ($300) Removed a 25" Raker 2 that came with my etec 150 HO for a Scorpion 4 bladed 23". Tremeduously better holeshot and midrange. Might just get another 24" Scorpion Titan too. I think I can turn it on my Sabre. Anyone tried the 24" Titan on a similar set up?
    they dont make a 4 bld scorpion. the 4 blade totatly different prop. glad u like it, i love my 3 bld s3.

Sure they do. It's called the Titan. Same company.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Sure they do. It's called the Titan. Same company.
    Actually... No.

Solas is the BRAND... Titan is the MODEL.... Scorpion is a different MODEL and is only offered in a 3 blade. It is a copy of Yamaha's T1 VX-Max Prop.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Actually... No.

Solas is the BRAND... Titan is the MODEL.... Scorpion is a different MODEL and is only offered in a 3 blade. It is a copy of Yamaha's T1 VX-Max Prop.
    YES i wish they made a 4 bld scorp. i wouldbe first on line 2 buy one. overtons had a sale 319$. maybe gone now..

6. Member
    The solas Rubex L4 is a pretty good running 4 blade especially for the price. They are bravo 1 replacements they perform very closely to what a Bravo 1 does just 2 pitches stiffer. So if you run a 28 Bravo get a 26 Rubex L4.

7. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    The solas Rubex L4 is a pretty good running 4 blade especially for the price. They are bravo 1 replacements they perform very closely to what a Bravo 1 does just 2 pitches stiffer. So if you run a 28 Bravo get a 26 Rubex L4.
    I see you run La marsh. Does the L4 hold up better than the Bravo 1. My Bravo 1's have not proven to be very durable like Mark Croxtons Razor 4. Unfortunately, my SHO doesn't perform well with the Razor 4.

8. Member
    Is the scorpion more like a Tempest or a Fury?

Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    Is the scorpion more like a Tempest or a Fury?
    Did you ready my post #4?

It's a large diameter 15 1/8 inch diameter copy of Yamaha's Vx-Max T1 prop.... Nothing like the 2 props you mentioned.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZO6 View Post
    I see you run La marsh. Does the L4 hold up better than the Bravo 1. My Bravo 1's have not proven to be very durable like Mark Croxtons Razor 4. Unfortunately, my SHO doesn't perform well with the Razor 4.
    The solas are not very durable. They are made with soft low grade stainless but if you look around they can be bought for very cheap. Under $300 if you hit the right sale. At $300 or less they hold up well enough to make them serviceable scouting props. I run a Solas scorpion mostly and don’t have any issues but on tournament day I run a hydromotive.

11. Member
    Did you ready my post #4?

It's a large diameter 15 1/8 inch diameter copy of Yamaha's Vx-Max T1 prop.... Nothing like the 2 props you mentioned.
    Isn’t the Vmax T1 a Tempest copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Isn’t the Vmax T1 a Tempest copy?
    No. Not even close.

Same company. You split hairs.

Once again, you are misinformed., But what would I know? LOL

15. Member
    Once again, you are misinformed., But what would I know? LOL
    HAHA, he must be new around here, funny stuff.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    The solas are not very durable. They are made with soft low grade stainless but if you look around they can be bought for very cheap. Under $300 if you hit the right sale. At $300 or less they hold up well enough to make them serviceable scouting props. I run a Solas scorpion mostly and don’t have any issues but on tournament day I run a hydromotive.
    TRUE,the sloas is softer material, maybe thats why they dont sling blades like mercs hi-tech alloy! hummmm...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTS SHADOW View Post
    TRUE,the sloas is softer material, maybe thats why they dont sling blades like mercs hi-tech alloy! hummmm...
    This may very well be true. I have cracked a scorpion but it had been worked twice and had about 200 hours of run time on it. It cracked on the trailing edge but didn’t completely sling the blade like other much more expensive props have.