Boggs was biting yesterday

Those nasty biting get in your face gnats were on fire. Gills are still waiting for the nest. Water color is stained as expected. Saw surface temp of 71 late in the afternoon.

If you go, take plenty of crawlers or redworns for the small bass. Second if you go - must have hat or bug covering along with a neck protector.

Only caught 6 gills that were still full of eggs.

Parking lot was full of fine folks all trying their luck - and providing fodder for those damn nasty flying pit bulls.

2. Member
    For the Black Knats and no seeums use vanilla in a spray bottle. It will keep them at bay for about a hour. The cheaper brown version works for a while. If you can find it, Buggins is a spray that works for 3-4 hrs and is a non deet version. Easiest place to find it is Amazon.com My local Walmart carried it 2 years ago and then didn’t have it last year. Due to all the flooding and high water low lands ponding, the mosquitos, Black knats and flys are super bad and only going to get worse as it heats up.

3. Member
    USA bass tourney Sat. May 11, 25 boats, it will be a mess if your fishing Sat.

4. Member
    I can't believe they have tournaments.....for adults.....at that lake right now.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    There are no fish in Boggs. Stay away. The gnats will give you AIDS and Ebola.

You can get Buggins at half the stores in the area for good reason. Works better than nothing
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    I can't believe they have tournaments.....for adults.....at that lake right now.
    The 25 boat limit for USAbass is sold out ahead of time most of the time, and that doesn’t include some small club tournaments also on it. Right now, bet you can drive over and see at least 40 vehicles with trailers in parking lot and that doesn’t include all the fishermen camped in the campground with boats tied up in slips everywhere. Weekends are the worst. Then you got all the home owners with boats and jet skis. Can I say “Caddy Shack?” ��

7. Member
    True....i just meant because of the situation with the fish. Grown a$$ men going down there knowing they are fishing for 14 inch fish....educating them...and wiping that place out before it even gets a chance to recoup.

8. Member
    Boggs will let you put all the fish attractors in the lake that you want to put. I have a couple of friends making and dumping in lots of them to give the fish cover. Just a FYI.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    True....i just meant because of the situation with the fish. Grown a$$ men going down there knowing they are fishing for 14 inch fish....educating them...and wiping that place out before it even gets a chance to recoup.
    17# bag this Spring. You can snag the big ones there you just have to know where they like to live. Usually it is far away from the 14inchers lol

10. Member
    I know they put some bigger ones back in there....like one per acre were the final numbers. But referring to ONE 17 lb sack doesn't change what I'm talking about. Guys are going down there because those little bass are easy to catch....scratching an itch if you will. Far away at Boggs is like 200 yards...not many secrets there.