Lund Renegade 1875 - 20 Hour Review!

I know there hasn't been a 'ton' of feedback on the Renegade 1875 on here outside of a few threads. I picked mine up last Thursday, and have about 15 'fishing' hours on it now so can provide some feedback for anyone interested. Honestly, now that I have everything organized and had some wheel / fishing time (all with 2 guys) - I'm thrilled with my decision. The boat is super stable (fished 20 MPH winds on Saturday for 6 hours) with two guys fishing, rides far smoother than I expected to be honest, and there is more than enough storage for all of my gear and I haven't even used remotely all of the space in the storage compartments (I have had 12 rods in the locker, 3-5 on deck).

Insight on my set-up for relevance to below performance numbers:

-115 PRO XS Fourstroke
    -2 - 10' Talons
    -Ultrex TM
    -4" Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate
    -3 - Group 31 batteries (went big on everything so power wouldn't be an issue with Graphs / LiveScope box / Talons, etc)
    -17 Pitch X7 Spitfire Prop (I went back / forth on 19 vs. 17 - tested both with the dealer, etc and I ended up going 17 because I love how quick it pops out of the water and plains out with a FULL load - I'd pick up probably 1 - 2 mph with the 19, but it didn't plane out nearly as well with the Talons / Batteries / Gas full)

During break-in, with 2 of us and basically full tank of gas (lets call it 95% full) we were hitting 47.5 without messing around at all really with the trim / jackplate. Once broke in, it's topped out at just over 48 (GPS Speed) with 7/8 tank of gas and two guys - slight chop on the water. With playing around a little with the jack plate / trim we were able to get there & also hit about 6,200 RPMs (I talked with some Mercury guys, that motor is maxed at 6,300 with the latest generation and they didn't know if I'd get there with a 17 pitch prop). All of that was in 50 degree weather / 42 degree water temps (no clue if that matters honestly - I don't know enough about motors). I think with more wheel time and messing around with trim / jackplate, etc. I could get it to 50 with just me and less gas if I wanted to. I'm not at all concerned about going 45 vs. 52 to be completely honest (I cruise around at 35 most times - I don't fish giant lakes and have no need for being a speed demon), and I would have been thrilled with 47 mph, since it planes out in under 2 seconds which was my hope since I fish a TON of very shallow water.

Again, I'm very much still learning the boat and getting comfortable with all the cool accessories (never had a newer boat - certainly never had an Ultrex / LiveScope / Talons) but I'm beyond thrilled with its performance this far and ecstatic with how it has fished from 3' out to 40' (and in strong winds). If anyone has any questions - feel free to ask below or shoot me a message!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    nice review and congrats on the new boat
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

3. Member
    Enjoy your summer, sounds like the boat suits you perfectly.

4. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Nice rig!!!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

5. Member
    Congrats on the new rig. Also.. thanks for the nice review.

6. Member
    This will be my next boat, congratulations.

7. Member
    Thanks for the review I've seriously considered selling my impact and getting one of these.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

8. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Enjoy

9. Member
    Very nice report. Glad everything is as you hoped. Enjoy!!

10. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Very nice!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Glad your boat is working out so perfectly for you! Tight Lines
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Member
    Nice looking boat

Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    Thanks for the review I've seriously considered selling my impact and getting one of these.
    surprised by that in the north... could see a 1875 pro v bass maybe, but not the lower sitting renegade.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Nice looking boat

surprised by that in the north... could see a 1875 pro v bass maybe, but not the lower sitting renegade.
    Trust me it's a tough choice I absolutely love my boat on big water but would like something for the smaller lakes. More than likely I'll keep my Impact for many more years.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E