Looking at a 2000 295 Pro-Elite, Could Use Your Advice

I am going to take a look at a 2000 295 Pro Elite with a 225Evinrude later this evening and was wondering if there is anything I shouldkeep an eye out for when looking at this boat. I am not very familiar with Stratos boats so any help I could get beforeI pull the trigger would be greatly appreciated!

One thing that was a little concerning to me is that thetrailer is only single axle.
    I would thinkthat a 21’ boat would need more support than that but it is the originaltrailer from Stratos.Any thoughts?Could a second axle be added?

2. Member
    Sure it’s a 295? A 295 is 19.6ft long and only rated for a 200hp. Sure it’s not a 201 instead.

3. Member
    Thanks for the heads up! Haven't seen the boat in person, just going off the add. I asked the seller to send over pictures of the capacity/data plates from the boat and motor but have not heard back yet.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Haven't seen the boat in person, just going off the add. I asked the seller to send over pictures of the capacity/data plates from the boat and motor but have not heard back yet.
    if owner doesn't know what model he has, look it over good for issues
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Look very closely at the trailer if it is a tube type. The water drains out of the back of the trailer and they are known for clogging up and not draining therefore rusting the trailer frame from the inside out. I had a 99 295 pro elite and the trailer rotted out near the axle. My boat was a 19.6ft and had the single axle torsion style and did just fine towing.

6. Member
    Thanks for the responses everyone! Guy was a no show last night, maybe I dodged a bullet...