2013 optimal xs 150 hp Operating temp

Hello, my friend has this motor on his boat. Yesterday I helped him launch his boat for the summer. When I started it, I idled our for a while and kept an eye on the merc gauge (temp). It got up to about 120 (which is about what mine gets to while idling) so I got up on plane. Almost instantaneously the temp dropped to 82 degrees so I went on a slow plane around 2800 rpm but the temp never got above 84 or so.
    What is the correct running temp for mercury? My hpdi will get up to about 140 or so when on plane. Also, his throttle is very stiff. It’s very hard to adjust the rpm slightly because it takes so much force to move it. Is there an adjustment for this?
    thanks in advance!

2. Member
    sounds about right depends on water temp though,check out v6 forum one down for more info on your mtr , YAMAS have to run hotter to make as much power as mercs rice wont burn at low temps
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Haha well mine is an 09 with over 900 hrs and runs much better than the 13 merc. Not sure how many hrs he has on it but I know it ain’t 900+ lol! That temp just seems really low to me. Will check out the other page. Thanks for the info

4. Member
    140 mabe JAPANEES NUMBERS baaaahaaaaaa
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................