1995 Mercury 150hp xr6, non stop beeping

<Serial #0G244814>

Hello all, I am trying to figure out why my 1995 xr6 150hp started to do a fast beep at the ignition. It will even do it when you go to try to start it but don't actual get it going. Please help. I need to get this fixed. It is annoying and won't stop. Thanks

It is a beep, beep, beep ,beep non stop...

If someone on here could help get a video posted I have one of the beeps. I just can t get it to post on here. Thanks again.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-24-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Serial Number added.
    ChampioN 181

2. Member
    got ser num sir ????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Here is a link to the video with the alarm going off...
    https://ufile.io/n1e9vude
    ChampioN 181

4. Member
    need to determine if you have rotation of driven gear to oil pump
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    It seems to run really good still. It started while out on lake and the motor never misses a beat. It fires right up and runs good. So it's getting oil.
    ChampioN 181

6. Member
    sir with all respect that doesn't mean its getting oil , please have it checked , make sure tank is full on mtr to top,very likely its a electrical problem but that needs to be determined , or risk powerhead failure, option 2; have oil injection deleted

7. Member
    I have disconnected the oil sensor on the cap of oil tank and it did not shut alarm off.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Trying not to take it to a mechanic and pay them $100 an hour to guess around for it. Thanks
    ChampioN 181

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    FAST beeping can be caused by (among many items):

-Water in fuel
    -Loss of spark to one or more cylinder
    -Loss of ground for Oil Warning Module or Sensor
    -Failing Warning Module or ICM
    -Rotation Problem with Oil Pump
    -Sensor or Bearing/Magnet problem

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Here is my serial number, sorry didn't realize I needed it posted.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]367673[/ATTACH
    20190622_203331.jpg
    ChampioN 181

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Start checking items in Post# 8 (Note: Water in Fuel is not going to be a potential cause on the XR6).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor