Looking at a 2007 Stratos 294 XL with Yamaha 200 to buy - Tell me about it - GO

Looking at the above. Tell me about them. Never owned a Stratos before.

Thanks

Dave
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

I have the same boat but with Merc. Its got great storage, decent front deck for sub 20' boat and one of the most accessible bilge areas of any boat i've ever seen making bilge pump and other tasks a breeze. It's one of the fastest hulls made outside of the ASX. Its a drivers boat to get the full potential out of it. Perfectly set up it will still walk so if you've never dealt with that the fastest way to learn is to watch someone who has. They came with single and dual axle trailers and oil bath hubs and if its equipped a removable passenger console. If your wanting a dual and this boat doesn't have one they do come for sale every now and then but it's rare. Only a few holes which are easily covered by little plastic caps it has a dual and your looking to remove it for more space.

All in all, i love mine and really outside of needing 2 full men worth of space at the bow pitching to the same target it'll do everything a bigger/newer boat will do, and even with a 200 it'll beat most of them to first spot in the morning which is always fun.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Champ View Post
    I have the same boat but with Merc. Its got great storage, decent front deck for sub 20' boat and one of the most accessible bilge areas of any boat i've ever seen making bilge pump and other tasks a breeze. It's one of the fastest hulls made outside of the ASX. Its a drivers boat to get the full potential out of it. Perfectly set up it will still walk so if you've never dealt with that the fastest way to learn is to watch someone who has. They came with single and dual axle trailers and oil bath hubs and if its equipped a removable passenger console. If your wanting a dual and this boat doesn't have one they do come for sale every now and then but it's rare. Only a few holes which are easily covered by little plastic caps it has a dual and your looking to remove it for more space.

All in all, i love mine and really outside of needing 2 full men worth of space at the bow pitching to the same target it'll do everything a bigger/newer boat will do, and even with a 200 it'll beat most of them to first spot in the morning which is always fun.
    If you don't mind could you share what prop and PTP measurement you are running with your Merc. I installed a new Opti 200 ProXS on mine and need to get it dialed in.
    Thanks

26p Fury and i've never measured it. Previous owner dialed it in. With the old lightning (blew up) it hit 78.9, never could hit 80. on SEI i can get her around 76's. She likes it high though so just keep cranking it up will the water pressure drops then back her down a bit.
    -Justin

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Champ View Post

Thank you for information. I plan to repower it with a new 200Pro XS four stroke v8. It does not have a title due to it being in Tennessee which I am told is a no title state. Here in Texas it is hard to get a title for a boat with no title. Working it out to see if I can get it.

What Jack plate are you running?
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

6" slidemaster

Good luck on the title, that can always be a PITA. Best advice is to go talk to your local DMV since they are the ones that will process it they can help you sort out if it'll go good or bad for ya ;)
    -Justin