Kentucky Lake Tips

Good afternoon,

I will be fishing KY Lake this weekend and was wondering if someone had any tips to help a first timer there at least get started on where to try. I've been on the lake a bunch over the past year but will be trying to fish for the first time. Will be putting in at Paris Landing so any info on how to start or what to look for south of there would be greatly appreciated.
    -Thank you for you help-

2. Member
    FYI The 26th Annual APSU Tournament is going out of Paris Landing this Saturday. It’s liable to be crowded.

I haven’t been on the lake this year. I hope to go tomorrow. I might fish the APSU deal Saturday? It’s already paid for by a guy I fish with that’s the colleges fishing team academic advisor. He isn’t much of an angler and I don’t tournament fish anymore, we’re not a threat LOL.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I'll head to another ramp.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WCM-Fish View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll head to another ramp.
    Gravel ramp on Dover side of bridge , Leatherwood , Cypress and there is a bunch in Big Sandy as well

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    Gravel ramp on Dover side of bridge , Leatherwood , Cypress and there is a bunch in Big Sandy as well
    Thank you

6. Member
    It was tougher than a two dollar steak out there for us today. I had one that may had kept (I didn't measure it) and a drum that made my heart jump LOL. That's it! I tried a couple of drops, shallow brush, gravel points, etc... I ran about 8 miles on either side of the bridge and just couldn't find anything that would work for me. I doubt I fish the tournament Saturday. I sure hope you find something that works for you!!! I did mark some fish on drops...mainly on drops from say 12-18 feet or so. I tried big worms on C-Rigs and crank baits, no takers.

The few boats out there (should have been a whole bunch with a tournament like that coming up) were either on the drops or back in the brush. Hope this helps ya some.

7. Member
    Man that does sound tough. If the rain holds off I may still try it. Thank you for the info.

8. Member
    Hopefully you had a great day! We ended up going and fishing that tournament. I started out trying a few bluff walls since that’s about the only thing I had not tried. I didn’t have much luck on keepers so I went back to the buck bushes. The water was up from earlier in the week. I talked to two guys that had a limit fishing the bushes, but they said they got their limits much further south. I only went maybe 8 miles south? Indeed we caught more fish in the brush, only one good keeper. It started pouring at 2PM, didn’t stick around for weigh in to see how much it took to win. I knew one keeper was futile LOL.

9. Member
    Damn, yea they weather was not good all day. We fished on Big Sandy. We caught 4 but only fished for a couple hours. Flipped brush in the coves. All 4 were around 2.5 lbs so it was ok. Had fun and will head back on Memorial Day weekend. Looks like will have to start looking at some ledges then.