Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddement View Post
    You can make or buy side mounts that don't. I made mine from an old trolling motor and ram mount. Attachment 363072Attachment 363073
    I like you mount using the Ram mount, I am building one using a MK shaft and other parts. I will post some photos in a week or so as I am waiting for parts to arrive.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I have a similar issue. Picture is not clear and it’s hard to see your lure and fish. The higher the noise reject and TVG, the nicer the picture but the harder it is to see fish and your lure. Therefore, I chose more clutter with the ability to see my lure, fish and brush piles vs a nice picture. Here are my current settings.

Gain 54% (any higher and it washes out)
    Color gain 100% (makes lure pop on screen)
    TVG off (makes lure visible)
    Noise reject off (makes lure visble)
    Color amber (blue washes out)
    I went with these settings and I am very happy with them. I went bluegill fishing and 90% of the fish were caught from the LS. The gills were deep, 10-12 ft. and the LS found them. Thanks J791 for posting your settings.

Glad it worked

Update - I ran a ground wire from the black box to the negative battery post. Garmin said not to do it but everyone on this forum does it with no issue. I tested the unit and the interference was at first really bad. Well, my previous settings were used to reduce interference so I changed it back to factory settings. Screen cleared right up. So if you have interference the above settings work. If you do not have interference then the factory default settings should provide a clear picture.

5. Member
    First time out with my LS on a pole and echmap 95 sv with these settings could see the jigs but not the walleye on the bottom . Caught lots of fish but they seemed scattered but no fish on screen very disappointed.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Update - I ran a ground wire from the black box to the negative battery post. Garmin said not to do it but everyone on this forum does it with no issue. I tested the unit and the interference was at first really bad. Well, my previous settings were used to reduce interference so I changed it back to factory settings. Screen cleared right up. So if you have interference the above settings work. If you do not have interference then the factory default settings should provide a clear picture.
    My box is grounded also. No interference at all with those settings.

7. Member
    Can some one post pictures of there graphs using these settings mine has bad interference by these settings

8. Member
    no interference on mine -I use forward view - do you need to set the range- if so how?
    I am still learning the LS not a game changer for me yet!

9. Banned
    Use J791 settings and change range to 30Ft. You will see fish. And watch them hit your bait or sniff and swim away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12