Kentucky Lake Tips

Good morning,

Having read the threads for the past few months I can tell the lake is way below past standards. I'm a MS River rat and will be fishing KY Lake for the first time this weekend. I've been on the lake all last summer just for fun so I know my way around Paris Landing and south. Anyway, are there any simple tips anyone has to offer for finding some water that may work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

2. Member
    Flip flooded cover. Water is at pool, should be stable or coming up some. Fish are shallow now. Look for spawning pockets with wood and rock. Spinnerbaits, lizards, jigs, etc.
    Don't over think it.

3. Member
    Gotcha. Thank you for the reply. I'll see what I can do.

4. Member
    I was at Ky lake all last week. The fish are spawning and also moving out towards the early ledges. You flip bushes and also check the cypress trees. I heard they are around them now. But you have to let the bait soak and they will eat it. You should start seeing a shad soawn starting real soon.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

5. Member
    Will do. I really appreciate your help. I heard there was a tournament at Paris Landing Saturday so I'll put in somewhere else.

6. Member
    If you are just wanting to catch some fish you can catch good numbers on finesse stuff like shakey head on deeper banks

7. Member
    Yea just want to get bit and learn the lake. Size not important. I'll put that into the arsenal as well. Thanks.