Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    Stop cranking your nuts every time you sit down!!! Lol, geez! A rational person would see past the 2 for 1 comment

"Easily be repositioned..." maybe... depends on what options are available to the user. Especially if they already have a transducer mounted on the bottom of the TM. Or maybe they have an electronic deployed TM with a transducer mounted on it. So what may be easy for you, may not be for someone else. But yes, they could spend even more money and create a contraption to hang over the side....
    It's as easy as pushing the transducer to the stop in the down position. It's also as easy as pulling the transducer up to the forward position. No skill. No effort. Anyone can do it in 1 second. Then change the setting in your unit. I guess you would have to lift the trolling motor out of the water or the pole.
    I suppose if you had it on the trolling motor shaft you could use an adapter from the crappie boys that mounts on the shaft to move it past the lower unit. I have mine on a pole I can move anywhere in my boat with forward or down. To each his own I guess.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    It's as easy as pushing the transducer to the stop in the down position. It's also as easy as pulling the transducer up to the forward position. No skill. No effort. Anyone can do it in 1 second. Then change the setting in your unit. I guess you would have to lift the trolling motor out of the water or the pole.
    I suppose if you had it on the trolling motor shaft you could use an adapter from the crappie boys that mounts on the shaft to move it past the lower unit. I have mine on a pole I can move anywhere in my boat with forward or down. To each his own I guess.

Yes, thats my point. The TM shaft mounting doesn't support on the fly change from forward to down without some other device with livesight.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

That is a good question. Lowrance markets the transducer as having a permanent forward mount for the trolling motor shaft and a permanent down mount for the bottom of the trolling motor. The Garmin unit is on the side of the trolling motor shaft with an 8 degree wedge...it tilts so the signal does not to hit the trolling motor lower unit. LiveSight does not mount on the side of the shaft but rather the center. I can see it being adjustable if mounted on a separate pole with a custom bracket allowing for up and down. Other than that, Lowrance would have to be crazy to tell everyone they need two separate transducers if users could simply flip it up and down like the Garmin.

Last edited by j791; 06-18-2019 at 06:05 AM.

4. Member
    It’s first gen panoptix. Pretty simple stuff.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    That is a good question. Lowrance markets the transducer as having a permanent forward mount for the trolling motor shaft and a permanent down mount for the bottom of the trolling motor. The Garmin unit is on the side of the trolling motor shaft with an 8 degree wedge...it tilts so the signal does not to hit the trolling motor lower unit. LiveSight does not mount on the side of the shaft but rather the center. I can see it being adjustable if mounted on a separate pole with a custom bracket allowing for up and down. Other than that, Lowrance would have to be crazy to tell everyone they need two separate transducers if users could simply flip it up and down like the Garmin.

They should not have used that trolling motor for display purposes. Some genius may actually try installing a livesight transducer on its shaft.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

6. Member
    I’m curious about the question that was asked earlier, are there any range lines available on the display? It was frustrating not knowing how deep or how far out what they were showing was. It also looked like you could only see fish in the first 1/3 of the screen, very close to the transducer. When he turned the sensitivity up it did pick up one nice return further out but no baitfish. My guess is the sensitivity needs to be turned up a lot more but you are going to have to deal with some noise on the screen if you do. Probably something you get used to pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Do you fish for fish, or do you fish for perfect images?

Why would you or anyone say it looks bad?
    Well because there is an other/same solution out there from a different manufacturer that blows this away, so the die hard Lowrance guys like me are disappointed that we waited all this time for a sub par product.
    Boatless

First use today. I didnt see anything that compared to what RMP showed in his comparison video. That video should be removed from the airwaves. Matter of fact I think you would really have to try and screw something up to make it that bad. Is it livescope? Dont know, never used one. Is it useful? Absolutely. I seen more fish moving around and checking my bait out than I ever knew existed. It really pairs up nice with downscan fish reveal on the same unit. There is a 1 second delay in the images. So far I'm giving it a
    More to follow.

9. Member
    First use today. I didnt see anything that compared to what RMP showed in his comparison video. That video should be removed from the airwaves. Matter of fact I think you would really have to try and screw something up to make it that bad. Is it livescope? Dont know, never used one. Is it useful? Absolutely. I seen more fish moving around and checking my bait out than I ever knew existed. It really pairs up nice with downscan fish reveal on the same unit. There is a 1 second delay in the images. So far I'm giving it a
    More to follow.

More to follow.

Thanks for the update. Please post a video when you get a chance. It would be interesting to see how it differs from the others.

More to follow.
    no pics means it didn't happen!
    Boatless

13. Member
    It's pretty obvious there aren't many bass fisherman in here, #justwantprettypictures #letthescalesdothetalking

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Well because there is an other/same solution out there from a different manufacturer that blows this away, so the die hard Lowrance guys like me are disappointed that we waited all this time for a sub par product.
    Sub par according to what and whom?

Why would you be disappointed that Lowrance released a useful product that isn’t a replica of Livescope?

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Sub par according to what and whom?

Why would you be disappointed that Lowrance released a useful product that isn’t a replica of Livescope?
    Really...IMO it has been hyped up to pretty high. To then launch the product with a high price tag that is clearly not as clean as Garmins is a disappointment to me. If you are happy with it more power to you but I would bet the ranch there are more people disappointed with the product than happy.
    Boatless

The poll number post shows 70% will not buy it. Not sure if you can call that disappointment but it’s not enthusiasm.

The poll number post shows 70% will not buy it. Not sure if you can call that disappointment but it’s not enthusiasm.
    Lol...poll? Please

The “poll”. 118 people out of hundreds of thousands of potential customers that saw one poorly and hastily done video, and clicked a response based on it.

And, hyped by whom? Never once has Lowrance said it is going to be Livescope. That’s all you.

Lol...poll? Please

I rank that right along side “a guy on Facebook”.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast