Motorguide X5 foot pedal issues

I have a 2017 X5 and 3 months ago I started having issues with the the cable pulleys in the foot pedal. The first time I broke the pulley I was in some thick vegetation and was trying to turn the trolling motor and pushed down to hard and felt it break. I changed the pully out and the second trip after that it broke again, but this time it broke under normal use. And again today it broke under normal use.

I have now broken the front pulley for the 3rd time today. Its only a 3 dollar part but it really starting to get on my nerves. Has anyone had this issue before or know of a solution?

2. Member
    There may be some sort of binding occurring with either the steer cables or the bearings on the troll motor. I would look on the troll motor first and see how smooth the troll motor turns by grabbing the main shaft and turning by had. It should be pretty smooth and not too hard to turn. If there is any roughness then you may have a bearing problem. If it feels smooth but feels like it is extreme hard to turn then you may have a burr in the steering cable and it is restricting the movement. I have only seen a few come in with pulley problems. It because they got hung up in heavy grass. the others was a problem with the pulleys. They completely feel apart.

3. Member
    So I checked the trolling motor and it turned easy and did not feel like it has a burr in the cable. I replaced the pulley that day and have been out three times since then. I was cleaning the boat today and looked at the pulley and it is deformed and cracked. I am at the point were I am ready to throw this thing off my boat but I don’t have the cash to replace it right now. I am thinking I should change the cables next.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Doesn't look like the cables are running inline with the pulley, or the pulley is wobbling on the shaft for some reason. possible cables are not tight enough and should be adjusted tighter
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    ​ I would get the pulleys replaced and make sure that shafts are not off center as John said. They come in a kt. All the hardware are in the kit.